Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
daddy062

how do i get the digital audio to work from my tv on my bdv-t79 home theater system

I have hooked up the home theater system and I  can get it to play dvd's and even play tv thru the hdmi cable but am unable to get the digital audio output to play thru the audio system.  I have followed the hookup instructions provided but can not get it to work.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: how do i get the digital audio to work from my tv on my bdv-t79 home theater system

Hello Roy,
Welcome to the Sony Community.

If the HDMI jack of your TV is not compatible with the ARC function and you wish to listen to TV sound via the system’s speakers, then it is required to make a separate audio connection from the TV to the Home Theater System. If your TV has an optical OUT port, you can connect a digital optical cable from the TV to the Digital Optical IN port of the HTS unit to output high quality sound. You may also connect an audio cable (red and white) from the Audio OUT port of the TV to the Audio IN (L/R) port of the HTS for standard quality sound.

If you are still not able to receive an audio signal from the TV, you may need to change the audio output setting. It may also be required to turn OFF the TV speakers or select the external speakers in the TV settings. Refer to the operating instruction supplied with the TV to make the necessary channges.

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.