Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
tdowell31
Accepted Solution

how to fix the connection status cannot be confirmed message

I am trying to connect to Netflix and get an internet connection status message that says the service cannot be accessed at this time due to incorrect or invalid information.  Help?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: how to fix the connection status cannot be confirmed message

[ Edited ]

Hello Tamara,
Welcome to the Sony Community.

It would be great if you can provide some additional details like:
What is the model number of your Sony product?
Does the same issue occurs while streaming videos from other Bravia Internet Video (BIV) services?
Also, make sure that the product is updated with the latest version of the firmware.

For general troubleshooting steps, refer to the below link.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32902

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."
Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
gmeyerhoff

Having the same issue, when I check my internet settings it says both wireless connection and internet access ok, yet when i try to go to youtube, etc i get the error message, the service cannot be accessed because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information. Same message for all web applications

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
forsbergjm

I am having the same trouble the user above has had.  My unit is a BDP S590.  I was literally using it this afternoon; went for a walk; came back; and received the the 'connection status cannot be confirmed' message.  All of my internet apps repsond the same.

Yes.  The firware is up to date.

I did try to reset the network settings to factory.  No good... same message.

I tried unplugging it for ... actually, more than a full minute. Nothing.. same message.

What could have possibly changed on my 45 minute walk?  The device has worked without issue since January. 

What steps should I now take?

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
gwdouglas01

yeah. SONY.  Not fixed.  the issue is on YOUR end. Fix it.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
burkett

having same problem. my blueray player modle # is bdp-s3100 . network is connected, can surf the net with the bowser, but can not use any of the video functions like huu, netflix, or youtube. getting a "connection status cannot be confirmed" message. unit is only two months old. any help please???

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
burkett

factory reset does not fix problem.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Wyomom

I think that Sony is having a network issue and nothing is actually wrong with any of our devices. There are numerous people with the same problem right now. It would be nice if a Tech would let us know when it will be fixed.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
apdell

I came home from work and this same ting happened to mine.  I have a TWO DAY OLD bdv-e3100 system.  Come on Sony, what is going on here?

Reset will not work.  Niether will disconnecting the wifi and setting it up again.

My wifi is working and there are no wacky things going on with my network.

I bought this system specificaly for NETFLIX and PANDORA! 

Any help, Sony?

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
stevenmh

[ Edited ]

I was through this already in July. There is no need for anyone to waste a bunch of time with changing settings, resetting, etc. Try the player's internet browser. Does it work? If so, there's nothing to be done on your end. You're at Sony's mercy with respect to timeframe. When this happened in July I had no content connectivity for nearly three weeks. It took half of that for them to move past the denial phase and admit their server was broken.

Please use plain text.