Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (468 Views)

my blu ray home theater wont play new dvd's

I am highly upset that my blu ray home theater system will not play new dvd's.  Customer service is terrible.  I have done all the trouble shoots.  I should not have to pay to fix something that is not broken when there is just a patch you can do.  All new dvds should play in my device.  they play in all other devices.. yet not in this one.. which plays old ones.  if it reads dvd's it should read them all.... I'm losing my faith in sony

Message 2 of 8 (464 Views)

Re: my blu ray home theater wont play new dvd's

Hi chazola2, we appreciate the time you took to let us know about this issue. Kindly provide your Event ID (reference #) so we can review this case. Thanks, Charlie

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8 (421 Views)

no one gave me one!  no emails, no nothing..

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8 (433 Views)

no, no one gave me a number.  like I said.. terrible service.  I was sent through the ringer.  started with chat, did the trouble shouting ( a second time, as I had already done this on my own) they then told me to call, I called, and they then told me to do chat.. in which I did.. only to be sent back through the ringer and was told to send in my equipment.. which is not in anyway shape or form broken.  You should have a patch for this problem for your customers. 

Message 5 of 8 (415 Views)

Hi Chazola2,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience. Do you get an error message when playing new DVD's? You may refer to the next link to isolate the issue: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38786. 

If the issue persist after following the appropriate troublseshooting steps, you may contact our technical support team to further assist.

Regards,

Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8 (336 Views)

I did follow those steps.  I have ensured my player is up to date and it has the latest firm ware.  I have talked to your technical support...  twice.  I have turned it off and back on.  I have factory reset the device.  The DVD plays in all other players.  All of my old DVD's play in this devise.  So it is not the dvd disk reader/laser.  What it is, is that you have or should have a patch for me to put on this device to make my new dvds play on it.  It is crazy for me to have to buy a new one.. when it's not broken you as a company have chosen to make new dvd's incompatable with my player.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (297 Views)

I did follow those steps.  I have ensured my player is up to date and it has the latest firm ware.  I have talked to your technical support...  twice.  I have turned it off and back on.  I have factory reset the device.  The DVD plays in all other players.  All of my old DVD's play in this devise.  So it is not the dvd disk reader/laser.  What it is, is that you have or should have a patch for me to put on this device to make my new dvds play on it.  It is crazy for me to have to buy a new one.. when it's not broken you as a company have chosen to make new dvd's incompatable with my player.

Message 8 of 8 (282 Views)

Hi Chazola2,

Welcome and thank you for your message.

Kindly send me a private message (PM) with the Event ID or reference number so we can review the file. 

Thanks!

Regards,

~Erin

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook