Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (839 Views)

streaming problems

sony has had streaming problems with their blurays for years and to my knowledge have not figured it out yet.I have

a model BDP-S3200 which constantly buffers and somtimes stops completely.I have spent hours talking to sony and my isp each telling me its the others fault. tablets and laptops in the house work just fine streaming.so its definately a problem with the player.this is what has been done so far.sometimes over and over and over.

unplug ac and reboot(works sometimes)

unplug and reboot router

(although this isnt the problem laptops and tablet work fine)

bluray is hardwired to router

called sony latest version is installed

told me to reset to factory settings

reset system and network settings

told me too many other units might be on

(nothing else is on)

unpluged from power strip and put directly into wall outlet

results-nothing has changed.still a pain in the ******.

Rookie
Message 2 of 6 (737 Views)

Re: streaming problems

Right. Im having the same problem with My BDP-BX320. I trying to watch ANYTHING on netflix, and it stutters. CONSTANTLY. we'll be lucky if we can get netflix to stream 5 seconds of a movie without a stutter or a buffer. heck, sometimes it locks up completely and i have to pull the power from the back to reset. NONE of the other apps do this, Hulu works flawlessly, Youtube works flawlessly, Seems to only be the Netflux app. Ive tried lowering the resolution on the TV and The blu-ray device - still stutter/buffer. I honestly think Sony needs to check the Netflix app coding to see if there is a problem like a memory leak or something that causes this. at least throw up an update!!

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (727 Views)

update to streaming problems- hooked up old samsung bluray player. Guess what. Netflix works fine.Only reason I don't use is because it only has 3 apps.and amazon isn't one of them.Sony has a problem with their players and won't acknowledge it.
Message 4 of 6 (677 Views)

Hi, Sony Community! 

Welcome and thank you for your messages. 

We are sorry to hear that you are having a streaming issue with your unit. The articles here will guide us on how to isolate and resolve this issue: 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 5 of 6 (556 Views)

Vincent,

This continues to be an ongoing problem. For a year I have wrestled with my BDP-S6500 with little sucess and now it is again completely unusable for streaming. See my latest post in the "BDP-6500 Ridiculously Impossible Connectivity" thread for the latest. After working for a week or so following a software update it now will not connect at all.

None of those things you posted make a bit of difference. It simply will not work. Sony needs to fix this.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6 (546 Views)

You are right. Nothing they say that will isolate the problem works.But they keep pushing the same fixes over and over again. I managed to get through to a tech and explained everything that I had tried and rather than go through some things that might help while I was on the phone he says he will email some more things to try. Guess what. It's the the same stuff I just talked to him about that didn't work. Bye bye sony.   

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook