Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
berrybeady

what type of adapter can i buy for sony bdp s1100?

what type of adapter can i buy for sony bdp s1100?

Please use plain text.
Nathan_SD

Re: what type of adapter can i buy for sony bdp s1100?

berrybeady,

What type of adapter are you asking about? If you are asking for a wireless adapter for the BDPS1100, there is not one available for this player. This is an entry level model that does not have wireless support.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Jwily

Then it probably shouldn't say "wi fi ready with compatible wireless adapter" then. Misleading to the consumer
Please use plain text.
BrianP

[ Edited ]

Hi Jwily!

I have checked the Marketing Specifications and Operating Instructions of the BDPS1100 and there is nothing in there that says "wifi ready with compatible wireless adapter". 

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
rockcity333

Funny how when I check the Marketing Specifications page 4 the first thing I see is

"1. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity require an 802.11 home network."

Now why would wireless connectivity requirements be listed if it is not wireless capable?  If you take a look at many of the reviews of this product, people repeatedly are assuming this is wifi capable.  Apparently Sony does not want to take responsibility. 

Let's work on READING our marketing materials before you dismiss a customer next time.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
rockcity333

And yes I realize that these are footnotes, but they are footnotes that don't reference anything so people usually arent going to realize that.  On Amazon, (from the manufacturer) they are just listed, not as footnotes, but just numbers in the description which is how my brother made the same mistake. 

Please use plain text.