Welcome to the Community!

Camaras y Videocámaras General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (770 Views)

Sony A7II suddenly stops recording

I was starting to shoot an interview and literally 12 seconds after i pressed the button to start recording the camera suddenly stopped; I tried to start recording again, but i couldn't. I turned it off and waited some time and then turned it on, and it happened again, it recorded for 30 seconds and then stopped. Also the recorded video desn't appear in the video gallery, I need to use "Recover BD image" to save the 12 and 30 second videos. 

I'm pretty sure the camera wasn't hot (the camera barely had 1 minute turned on), it was on a tripod and no one touched it. Also, we were indoors so it wasn't hot at all. 

I use a Sony memory card SDXC U1 64GB 70MB/S and it has like 25 GB available.

I was using XAVC S format at 60p 50M, later i changed it to 30p and 24p and it kept happening. 

I have no idea what's happening, sometimes I can shoot for 20 minutes without an issue and other times it can't record more than 10 seconds. 

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (706 Views)

Re: Sony A7II suddenly stops recording

Hi, Sago261

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook