Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Camcorders & Action Cam

Tuning Up
steve1712
Accepted Solution

DCR-TRV480 download to Windows 7

I was trying to download videos from an older camera (DCR-TRV480) but the computer wouldn't recognize the device.  When I checked for drivers, it appears this camera is not supported in Windows 7.  Any suggestions on how I can get this accomplished?  My daughter used the camera for a school project.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: DCR-TRV480 download to Windows 7

Hello and welcome to Sony Community.
Thank you for your post.

The USB Streaming (importing movies from a tape using the USB cable) feature of this camcorder is not supported with the Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems.

As an alternative to transfer video from the camcorder to a computer with either of these operating systems, use an i.LINK cable or Audio/Video (A/V) cable along with compatible video capture software like

Windows MovieMaker Software.

Depending on the availability of the iLINK jack or A/V jack in the Computer, you can transfer the videos.

Sony Camcorders have 4 pin iLink jack. You can check in the Manual of your Computer for the # of pins of the iLink jack in it.
If the Computer has 6 pins, then you need to use a 4 pin to 6 pin iLink cable.
If the Computer has 9 pins, then you need to use a 4 pin to 9 pin iLink cable.

You can follow the following link to transfer the files using iLINK cable:
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C111893

To transfer the file using A/V cable, you can follow the steps mentioned on the following link:
 http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=C111921

If the Computer does not have either the iLink jack or A/V jack, then you can use the Sony DV Direct like VRDMC6, VRDMC10.
Using this DV Direct, you can directly burn the videos to a DVD disc without using a Computer.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.