Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Camcorders & Action Cam

USER-977722
Accepted Solution

Sony CCD-TR705E, transfer VideoHi8 to computer

Please help me! I have an old Sony Video Hi8 Handycam CCD-TR705E PAL (Europian version) with a lot of tapes that I need to transfer to my computer and make DVDs. What do I need? Will I be able to transfer as it is PAL? Thank you very much in advance.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Sony CCD-TR705E, transfer VideoHi8 to computer

Hello,
Welcome to the User Discussion Forums.
The forums here are for United States and Canadian Consumer and VAIO tech support. The products we are familiar with, only supports NTSC based video. The DCR- HC15E is a European Model camcorder.
Please contact Sony Europe for further assistance.
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

We also invite you to check out our counterparts in Sony Europe

The Sony Europe Community forums are for Consumer and VAIO products for Sony Europe where you can get help and help others, just like you can get here for US and Canada products. http://www.sony.co.uk/support/hub/sony_europe.html

About the only thing we can suggest is download your Video to a PC and find a 3rd party video editing program that can support PAL then convert it into an NTSC format for use on United States DVD and Blu-ray players.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-911351

There is a usb dongle with three rca jacks white red yellow I have used one with good results. Search google with keywords: analog to digital usb video transfer
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Nokjoti

The best way I found and use is to get a Sony Digital8 camera which i have, although a bit hard to find now. It plays Video8, Hi8 as well as Digital8 and output via Fiwi cable into a Sony notebook which has Fiwi connector. Use normal window movie player to import. It works well. I digitized 150 tapes this way and keep them in AVI format about 13GB per hour of tape. See example of my result in "Diver hugging Napoleon Wrasse in Palau"
Please use plain text.