Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Camcorders & Action Cam

CDL Groovin'
Groovin'
CDL
Accepted Solution

What is a C:32:11 error code?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
cmosse

Re: What is a C:32:11 error code?

which camera do you have? Are you sure about the number? As far as I know the C:32:****** error code can be solved sometimes by removing battery for some time and then performing operation from the beginning again

Please use plain text.
CDL Groovin'
Groovin'
CDL

I have a Handycam DCR-HC46.  I've tried removing the battery several times for varying amounts of time (up to overnight).  This began when I was changing the cassette tape.  It opened and I removed the used tape, inserted the new one, and the error code came up.  I have tried doing this with no tape inserted, a old one and the new one.  Nothing seems to make a difference.  As soon as the unit is turned on, it cycles thru the first screen showing that it is in the tape-camera mode and then flashes the "Re-attach the power source" message, followed by the C:32:11 error code.  This camera has worked flawlessly for the last six years until Saturday when I was changing the tape as described above.  I cannot close the camera because the  auto-close feature isn't working due to the power problem.  I've tried it on the docking station as well as plugging the AC cord directly into the camera.  If I can't get this resolved, then I have a number of cassettes with which I will have to find a way to transfer the video recordings to another medium.  Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Sony Employee
ScottF

[ Edited ]

Hi CDL, check out this article regarding this on our http://esupport.sony.com support site;

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Best Regards, Scott Fuentes
Please use plain text.
CDL Groovin'
Groovin'
CDL

Thanks Scott.  I have tried that solution repeatedly to no avail.  Even done numerous Reset's with the button inside the viewer area of the camera.  Nothing seems to make a difference.  Unless there is an alternative repair source, my only resolution it seems at this time is to hope the $200+ flat rate repair fee from Sony can repair the problem, or spring for a new camera.  In any event, I have to find a way to transfer videos from the many Mini DV cassettes I've used for the last six years.  If I can get this camera to work, that issue is solved...if not, then the search will be on for a reasonable transfer solution.  Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Please use plain text.