Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 1 (585 Views)

4k looks grainy - any tips for best res?

Hi. When shooting with my Sony fdr-ax53 and looking at the footage at My Pc in the picture apps it looks very grainy.

I have not used the 4k too much, mostly in HD. As I have a bought a new PC, MSI GT73 VR 7RE, which is powerful, I wanted to give the 4k res a chance and see the results. I went outside (daylight, a bit late at day - rainy) and did some sample shots. When opening it in Windows pictures app, it looks very grainy? 

That said, I had set everything to auto. How do I accomplish a good resolution? Is it the fact that I do not have a 4k screen that make my footage seem grainy? Or my cam settings? (50 fps)? How do I achieve the best result? Is it my pc (not having a 4k screen) that upscale the video, or is it simply me that have not the right settings? BTW - I shot it hand held, with autofocus. 

Thanx a lot for advices - and preferrably a "step by step" instruction to get the best result. In average light. Thanx.  

My pc: MSI GT73VR

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook