Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Camcorders

Tuning Up
MCMGW

DCR TRV27: Downloading from tape to laptop & converting to DVD

I have Windows 7 & a Sony DCR TRV27. How do I get videos off tape & burned to a DVD & what's needed?  The Pixela ImageMixer that included the Sony USB driver software disk does not load due to Windows version incompatibility perhaps? Do I still need a USB driver loaded onto my laptop given I am running Windows 7 already?   What do I need in terms of software to convert the DVR mini-tape to a file that can be burned onto a DVD and played as a movie?

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
MCMGW

DVR TRV27

I have Windows 7 (Home Premium) & a Sony DCR TRV27. How do I get videos off tape & burned to a DVD & what's needed?  The Pixela ImageMixer that included the Sony USB driver software disk does not load due to Windows version incompatibility perhaps? Do I still need a USB driver loaded onto my laptop given I am running Windows 7 already?   What do I need in terms of software to convert the DVR mini-tape to a file that can be burned onto a DVD and played as a movie?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: DCR TRV27: Downloading from tape to laptop & converting to DVD

[ Edited ]

Hello Megan,

If you are trying to transfer the videos by connecting your Camcorder to the computer using the supplied USB cable, then it will not work. This is because the USB streaming feature of the camcorder is not supported with Windows 7 operating system. You can connect the Camcorder to your computer using the supplied A/V cable or using an i.Link cable (a.k.a. firewire/IEEE 1394).

If you wish to use the A/V cable, refer to the below link for instructions.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C111921

If you use an i.Link cable, refer to the below link.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C111893

Once you have transferred the videos to the computer, you can use any video burning software to burn the videos to a DVD disc.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.