Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 11 of 20 (16,702 Views)

Re: E 31:00 HDD Format Error

vuthang13, please try to reset the camcorder to its default specifications by pressing the RESET button located to the left of the USB jack. Use a pointed object like a pen or a pencil in performing this procedure.

If the issue persists, service will be required. Please visit our International Support section for details on how to contact the Sony Support team in your region.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/LapMagWin

Rookie
Message 12 of 20 (14,742 Views)

Hi,

I have tried to format the HDD but failed and then I tried with reset option. I think HDD have burnt or faulty. Replacing a HDD is high cost. Can I use the camera with SD card only without replacing the HDD?

Thank you,

Thari

Expert
Message 13 of 20 (14,738 Views)

Good day Thari,

Can you provide us the model number of your camcorder so we can check if you can use a memory card as an alternative media storage.

Rookie
Message 14 of 20 (12,376 Views)

Hi Sony Moderator,

Happy new year!

I would like to update this thread because I have a camcorder and I have experienced the same issues as how the other users have detailed it here. what i got is hdr-xr150e.

troubleshooting and reset (factory) has been applied but it just go backs to the same issue.

hoping to hear your expert advise please.

thank you!

Eve

Message 15 of 20 (12,361 Views)

Hi Eve,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

From what you've posted, you already tried to troubleshoot to resolve the issue and it's still there. Have you tried using a different media to save your files to? Your camcorder can also use the Memory Stick PRO Duo media, SD/SDHC media. 

If the issue is still unresolved, service may be needed for your unit. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region: http://www.sony.com.ph/section/support. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Rookie
Message 16 of 20 (3,786 Views)

I've tried resetting but the error keeps coming up

Message 17 of 20 (3,742 Views)

Hi HIGGKATE, 

Welcome to Sony's Community Site! 

We're sorry to hear about this problem that you're having. For us to better assist you, please provide the model number of your Sony product. 

Regards,

Dave

Rookie
Message 18 of 20 (3,280 Views)

I have tried formatting my handycam as per your post but its giving error as HDD not detected. I have clicked on the reset button also. After this also same error E:31:00 ( HDD FORMAT ERROR ).

How to solve this problem. Please let me know.

Thank You
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 20 (2,633 Views)

Hello.

I had the same problem.  Tried all the steps listed throughout this thread, nothing worked.

But I figured out a SOLUTION!

1.   Go through all the steps as previously outlined (power down, remove battery, reset, etc.)

2.   Connect to a MacBook (I have a MacBook Pro).

3.   USB Connect

4.   Ensure that the camera connected in the Finder

5.   If it connected, go to Disk Utility.

6.   Launch Disk Utility and wait for drive(s) to appear.

7.   Select the camcorder drive (mine was listed as "NO NAME")

8.   Run the stock MacBook Pro "First Aid" on the drive.

9.   That's it!

As soon as Disk Utility was finished, all my videos immediately launched and appeared in Photos (which was already running).

Camcorder HDD seems to be running smoothly.

As soon as all my videos/pics download, I am going to reformat the drive and hopefully it will be back to new.

Hope this solution works for you!!

Rookie
Message 20 of 20 (132 Views)

HI,

I Have done follwing steps, which have resolved e 31:00 error..

I am having sony Hd-XR150e model handy cam.

1. Connect Handy cam to laptop and format handy cam hard disk

2. Disconnect HC and reset it.

3. shoot a video, it will ask to create image database file. Create one.. If its complain about HDD access.. Then let it be.

4. Go to media format setting as mwntion above post and format ur hard disk again..

5. Reset it again.

6. Restart cam. Try to shoot a video. It will again ask to create new database image file.

Thats it. My error has gone.. Let me know if it works for u.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook