Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 1 of 3 (11,306 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error: REINSERT THE MEMORY CARD is displayed on the LCD screen.

Expert
Message 2 of 3 (11,305 Views)

Re: Error: REINSERT THE MEMORY CARD is displayed on the LCD screen.

See the table below for a list of possible causes and resolutions for this error:

CauseResolution
The inserted media is not supported for use with the camera. Ensure you are using the supported type and capacity of Memory Card media for use with the camera.
The terminals on the Memory Card are dirty. Use a clean pencil eraser and lightly rub the Memory Card terminals to remove any oxidation or dirt build-up.
The Memory Card is damaged. Try a different Memory Card.

NOTES:

• If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
  • If it appears the Memory Card media may be damaged and you are unable to retrieve the images, it may still be possible to recover the images from the media.
Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (10,759 Views)

Re: Error: REINSERT THE MEMORY CARD is displayed on the LCD screen.

The SD card I used was recommended by a reputable store. Just to be sure, I went to another store and they recommended the same card. I have only used this card in my Sony handycam camera. This error has occurred and the card is only a week old. I have been capturing video on it until the error happened. I have however, been in seaside areas. Could oxidation on the contacts happen so quickly? Or has the error happened because I took the card out whilst in camera mode? It shouldn't be the case because I can take an SD card out in all other devices I have and put it back in without any problem. Please help me. I have my wedding video and many other video from our holiday. I can't lose this video!!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook