Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 5 (3,323 Views)

Family memories are locked in these tiny discs that we can't get to play back. Please, HELP!

I recorded YEARS of my kids on our Sony Handycam Mini DVD Camcorder.  My 3rd son was recently in a motorcycle accident, lucky to be alive and he is healing but is so depressed he can't remember his childhood.  Mom to the rescue: He can just watch all the dvds I recorded when he was little.  But he can't yet.  When we tried to transfer the mini DVDs to the computer so he could watch them on his laptop, the majority of the discs won't play.  I've been told I didn't finalize them which wouldn't be a big deal except we can't find the old Mini DVD camcorder.  We haven't needed it since we bought a new sony HDR camcorder.  We are all just sick that we never transered these years ago. We need help!  How do I finalize the discs without the camcorder?  We are all just sick that our family memories are locked in these tiny discs that we can't get to play back.  Please, HELP!

Message 2 of 5 (3,277 Views)

Re: Family memories are locked in these tiny discs that we can't get to play back. Please, HELP!

Hi. 2Mom,

Welcome to Sony's Community Site! 

Thanks for your post. For us to better assist you, please provide the complete model number of your Sony camcorder. 

How to Find Your Model Number?

Regards,

Dave

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 5 (3,253 Views)

Re: Family memories are locked in these tiny discs that we can't get to play back. Please, HELP!

It was a Sony mini DVD Camcorder. I think it was a DCRDVD.  I no longer have the camcorder so I don't have a model number.  My son sold the camera with the manuals on ebay.  I am left with just the unfinalized discs and no camera to finalize them on.

Message 4 of 5 (3,230 Views)

Hi 2Mom

We understand your concern regarding this matter. However, to finalize the discs, you need to have the same camcorder that has been used together with these discs. 

If you would like to retrieve your files from these unfinalized discs, please contact our colleagues at Sony Media Services for further assistance. You can reach them at http://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/ext/SonyMediaServices/index.htm.

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Regards,

Dave

Rookie
Message 5 of 5 (3,197 Views)

I think the model number she is referencing is the SONY DCR-DVD200 or something along those lines. You can probably pick one up cheap on Ebay. I still have one, and still use it to this day even though it's over 10 years old!

The OP can contact me at joeburmeister @ hotmail com and if she lives in the GA/SC/FL area, I dont have a problem lending her my sony, or she can send me her DVDs I can finalize them for her.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook