Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (421 Views)

Feature request: QHD shooting for 4K camcorders

I own a FDR-AX53 camcorder and I like that it can shoot in 4K and has a nice stabilization. But you can't have both at the same time, so if you want to have good stabilization you are limited to FHD shooting, which is getting not enough already, especially if you want to be able to zoom in when editing the resulting video.

I would like to have the option to shoot in QHD (2560*1440), this way I guess I should still have the nice stabilization, but still have some room to zoom in when necessary. The jump from FHD to 4K is too big anyway, both in file size and requred processing power for editing, so why not have something in the middle? QHD is a very common resolution, both in monitors and mobile devices, it should be represented in camcorders too.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2 (367 Views)

Re: Feature request: QHD shooting for 4K camcorders

Am I really the only one interested in this? I thought there'd be more people interested in a higher resolution shooting while keeping the good stabilization.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook