Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 8 (273 Views)

Grainey Playback on 4K TV with HDR CX675

Hello All

I just purchased this camera for videoing my grandson's football games.  I am very dissappointed in the playback quality.  I am using a SanDisk Extreme Plus micro SD card, 128 GB.  Could someone walk me through the settings on my camera?  I save my vidios to youtube and playback on my TV.  The video is very suboptimal.  Thanks in advance

Expert
Message 2 of 8 (243 Views)

Re: Grainey Playback on 4K TV with HDR CX675

[ Edited ]

How is video playback on the camcorder?  It is grainy as well?  How is the quality if you connect the camcorder to the TV?  Are the games recorded at night or during the day?  Are you zooming in on the game?  

I ask about the zoom and night because if you are zooming in and the game is at night that might explain some of the graininess.  When you zoom with that lens in low light situations the camera will not be getting as much light as it would be if you weren't zooming.  

Before going any further I want to make sure I understand how you are doing this:

Record Game > Edit Game> Export Edited Game> Upload Edited Video to YouTube> Watch YouTube video on your 4K TV

Is that correct?

If yes, what software are you using to edit the video?  What video export settings are you using?

Sony HDR-CX675 User Manual

Rookie
Message 3 of 8 (239 Views)

thanks for your response.  I am filming during the day from the press box.  It looks really clear through the view finder. I am using the software memorymaker that was in the information or users manual of the Sony camcorder. I then download that to you tube.  I haven't be able to hook it directly to my 4k from the camera because the darn imputs are on the back of the TV that is hung on the wall.  LOL.  I'm not sure what you mean about video export settings?

Looking forward to your help.

thanks

Jenny

Expert
Message 4 of 8 (236 Views)

Thank you for the answers.  Recording during the day should not produce grainy images and since the video appears clear in the viewfinder that shouldn't be the issue.

What I mean by export settings is what options are available in MemoryMaker when you go to save a video?  The reason I ask is because that can make a difference in how "good" the videos look when played back via YouTube.  

I understand about the TV mount.  

Since the videos look clear through the viewfinder I suspect it is the way the editing software saves the video or the way YouTube encodes it when uploaded.  

Are you using a Mac or PC?  

Rookie
Message 5 of 8 (233 Views)

Im using a PC 

Expert
Message 6 of 8 (223 Views)

Are you using PlayMemories from Sony to edit your videos?  I only ask because I'm have trouble finding Memory Maker video editing software. 

If you are then you might find these links useful:

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/playmemories-home/en/guide/windows/

http://guide.playmemoriesonline.com/help/en/pc/pmh.html

Have you tried Window MovieMaker to see if that helps with the quality?

A couple of free video editing programs that may be worth a look if you are interested:

Shotcut

Lightworks

HitFilm Express

DaVinchi Resolve 12.5 (scroll to near the bottom of the page to find the free download for version 12.5)

Rookie
Message 7 of 8 (217 Views)

yes, sorry I'm at work, but it is play memories from Sony.  I will give the suggested editing programs a try.  I did download Movie Maker, but I havent' had a lot of time to play with this.  thanks so much for your time.  I appreciate it.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 8 (211 Views)

Glad to help.  Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to help.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook