Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Camcorders

Tuning Up
ramtssr
Accepted Solution

HDD format error in my sony handy cam XR150E.Please let me know how to resolve it

Hi All,

I am using Sony handycam XDR150E model. I am not able to take any video, it always shows me HDD format error.

Please let me know how to resolve it

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: HDD format error in my sony handy cam XR150E.Please let me know how to resolve it

[ Edited ]

Hello Ramesh,

The HDD FORMAT ERROR may occur if data becomes corrupt on the camcorder’s hard disk drive. To resolve this issue, it will be necessary to format the hard disk drive and reset the camera to factory specifications.

To perform the [MEDIA FORMAT] of the hard disk drive,

touch (MENU) → [Show others] → [MEDIA FORMAT] (under [MANAGE MEDIA] category) → the desired medium (hard disk) → [YES] → [YES] → [OK]

To reset the Camcorder to the factory, press the RESET button located near the LCD screen. This will reset all settings, including the clock setting.

RESET.JPG

Performing the recommendations above should resolve the issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is still not resolved, service may be required. You can initiate service request using the link provided below.

https://eservice.sony.com/

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
angelina410329

Re: HDD format error in my sony handy cam XR150E.Please let me know how to resolve it

you can also use a data recovery software to help you.the disk you are trying to access either hasn't been prepared for use with your OS, or it has been damaged and the data can no longer be read. Every floppy and hard disk needs to be formatted to prepare the media for use with a particular file system. 

want to solve the hdd format error , use a third party software or ask for a engineer's help.

Please use plain text.