Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (464 Views)

HDR-AX2000 zoom/focus error

So I had the strange issue happen while using my camera. When zooming in with the button on the top of the camera and with the zoom ring the camera will lose focus and then zoom in and out repeatedly and try to focus and continues to zoom in and out on its own and focus goes crazy. Only way to stop it from zooming in and out is to shut the camera off. When I restart the camera it is fine and records fine until I try to zoom. It happens with auto focus on and focus set to manual. Top zoom is set to 2. Also had a few other strange problems like shutter speed would randomly drop to 4 and recording mode menu would randomly come up on the screen. Seems like the chip is going bad or something. Someone help!!!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)

Re: HDR-AX2000 zoom/focus error

This is Sony problem and they've never acknowledged that. I am a camera technician. I have repaired tens of these units for the same problem. Sony used a n old glue inside the autofocus area. The glue fails after 3-5 years so the focus coils inside the lens become loose. So every time you zoom in or out the camera will try to autofocus after which will give you an error. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook