Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (227 Views)

How do I connect a Sony TRV328 Camcorder to a Win10 computer?

I have a cable setup that came with the Camcorder. I plugs into the "blue" input (mic, I think) on the back of the computer. But the computer does not recognize it.

Thanks,

billkjell

Expert
Message 2 of 6 (122 Views)

Re: How do I connect a Sony TRV328 Camcorder to a Win10 computer?

Could you be a bit more descriptive of the cable to which you are referring?  Will you post a link to a picture of the cable that you got with the camcorder?  From a look Sony CCD-TRV328 user's manual it looks like you will need a video capture device to connect the camcorder to the computer unless you have an video card that has RCA connectors on it.  

The cable you would need or may already have should look something like this: 61rHfh2O0qL.jpg

The cable supplied with the camcorder may only have Yellow and White (or Yellow and Red) connectors.  These are commonly referred to as RCA connectors or composite connectors. 

You will need a video capture device and one like the ones listed on Amazon should do:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=video+captur...

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (117 Views)

Sorry, I tried to paste a photo and it didn't work and I lost the whole thing, The cabble I have has a miniature plug for the Camcorder, and on the other end a red, yellow, and white RCA plugs, plus a 6 pin female plug and an 8 pin male plug (both round). I don't mind buying the one from Amazon, but I want to be reasonably sure it will work.

Thanks,

Bill

Expert
Message 4 of 6 (83 Views)

You appear to have the cable you need so there is no need to purchase another one.  If anything needs to be purchased it may be a video capture device as you need something to go between the camcorder and computer to be able to capture video from the camcorder.  A Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder HD can be purchased for around $40.  For more information on the Dazzle device you can visit the Pinnacle Dazzle product page.  

The cable with the 6-pin female and 8-pin male plugs may be an S-Video cable but I can't say for sure without seeing a picture of it.  As far as pictures go you can only post a link to a picture so there is no need to try and paste a picture.  

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (61 Views)

Thanks for your help. I think this may be enough to get me going.

Expert
Message 6 of 6 (58 Views)

Please post the result and what you did as this may be helpful to others.  

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook