Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Camcorders

Tuning Up
joshdala

I do not have a CD ROM part number.

I do not have a CD ROM part number. My daughter gave me this Handycam and I have been trying since July to transfer my recorded movies to my pc. I have hooked up the cords, I have gotten the PMB program transfered from my daughter's pc to no avial. The Handycam screen says ERROR check the connected device. My pc which has Windows7 64bit says I need a driver. The Sony website asks me for the CD ROM part number! I don't have one. I am somewhat pc savvy but I am ready to pitch this UNhandycam out my window! Please help me!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: I do not have a CD ROM part number.

Hi Joanne,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Drivers for connecting most the Sony Camcorders and for transferring videos are already installed in Windows 7 computer. CD-ROM part number that you’re looking for is required to download PMB software as replacement for software that is supplied with your Camcorder. This part number will be labeled on supplied CD-ROM of the Camcorder.

I suggest that you contact our chat support team and ask for the Remote login to your Computer. One of our Remote login representatives will initiate a Remote session and will provide all possible instructions to install the software and to transfer movies:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-contacts.pl?mdltype_id=37

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.