Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Camcorders

Groovin'
IgLP

LANC Control with 2013 and new 2014 SOny Handycam camcorders

[ Edited ]

Can Sony remote commanders be used with 2013 Sony camcorders, specifically the HDR- CX430V, and will that function be included in the new 2014 Sony Handycam camcorders?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
FrancisG

Re: LANC Control with 2013 and new 2014 SOny Handycam camcorders

The HDRCX430V does not have an A/V port available which will allow you to directly connect a LANC remote. You have two options as a workaround:

1. Connect the VMC-AVM1 A/V remote adapter cable to the camcorder's USB port, then connect the LANC remote afterwards;
  2. Connect a USB remote control directly to the camcorder's USB port. You can use the RM-VPR1 remote control.

Some higher-end camcorders, including our interchangeable-lens NEX-VG series, have an A/V port immediately available for connection of a LANC remote. We, however, cannot comment on the specifications of future products.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/LapMagWin

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
IgLP

Thank you for the response.

I need to be about 25' away from the camcorder - is there an extension cable available for the RM-VPR1 remote control that will alow me to do that?

What is the maximum distaace for the wireless iphone/ipad control? 

Please use plain text.
JackC

You are welcome. Unfortunately, there is no cable available for the RM-VPR1 to extend its reach. On the other hand, the connection distance for Ctrl with Smartphone is approximately 5 meters or around 16 feet.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
philiwahnilli

Hi,

it's very interesting that the LANC protocol is still in use for controlling current cameras. I guess, controllers like the RM-VPR1 use only a few commands to contol the camera. I'm wondering if the cameras also support more commands, especially external powerup via LANC. 

In particular I wonder if cameras work with e.g.  the LANC shepherd (with adapters), that enables a synced stereoscopic system using two LANC compatible cameras. The big question is, do current cameras (or which camera) support this external powerup? This feature is basically used to sync two cameras down to a fraction of a ms using LANC-3D-controllers.

This is a feature many people within the 3D-community would be very happy about.

Best,

Philipp

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
IgLP

Do the new Sony camcorders just announced at the 2014 CES include the Multi/Micro USB Terminal :interface?

Please use plain text.
JackC

That information is currently unpublished. Please check the Sony Store USA or Sony Support website regularly for information on future product releases.

Please use plain text.