Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 7 (241 Views)

My CamCorder HDR-CX560 seems to be dead :-(

Dear All,

I haven't used my camcorder SONY HDR-CX560 for the last 3 or 4 years. RecentlyI wanted to use it again and turn it on, but nothing happened. I thought the battery might be empty, so I connected it with the attached battery to my computer via the built-in USB cable, and the battery charging LED went on. I also connected it with the AC adaptor cable and one time I even managed it to turn it on and see a picture on the screen, but only for a short time.

Since then, I am not successful anymore in switching on the device. I pressed the Reset button several times already, I pressed the Power button, sometimes even longer than 7 seconds, nothing helps, not even the battery charging LED is on anymore when I connect it with the built-in USB cable. :-(

There is one small live sign however: When the device is connected to the USB port of my laptop via the built-in USB cable, and I press the Reset button, my laptop makes a sound like when a USB device is being attached. When I release the Reset button, another sound "USB Device being detached" can be heart. The same happens when I attach and detach the camcorder battery. When I just attach the build-USB cable to my laptop, nothing happens.

Has anyone an idea how to bring my device back to live? Any advice is much appreciated, thanks in advance!  

Expert
Message 2 of 7 (228 Views)

Re: My CamCorder HDR-CX560 seems to be dead :-(

Was the battery attached to the camcorder while you had it stored?  If yes, it could be the battery is dead.

Rookie
Message 3 of 7 (214 Views)

Yes, the battery was attached and I thought it might be dead. But with the old battery I managed it to start it one last time. Nevertheless I bought 2 new batteries. But even with these new batteries I cannot start it again.

BTW: Has a battery to be attached to switch the camcorder on, or is a connected A/V cable or the built-in USB cable sufficient?

Expert
Message 4 of 7 (167 Views)

Some camcorders may allow you to use them plugged into a power source with the battery removed but I cannot say for certain this one will.  As far as powering from a USB source I'm not sure a USB port on a laptop or camcorder will provide enough power.  

You may have already answered this but have you tried a "factory reset" with one of the new batteries?  

Rookie
Message 5 of 7 (131 Views)

I've done factory reset several times if this consists of the following steps:

Using a RESET button

1. Locate the RESET button on the camcorder.
  2. Use a pointed object (like a ballpoint pen) to press and hold the RESETbutton for 2-3 seconds.
  3. After 2-3 seconds has elapsed, release the RESET button.

Unfortunately without any response, except the "USB connect/disconnect" sound with comes out of my laptop when the built-in USB cable is connected... :-)

Are there maybe other or additional steps that need to be done for a factory reset?

Expert
Message 6 of 7 (129 Views)

If I think of anything I will let you know. Hopefully someone else will respond with something that will help.

Message 7 of 7 (119 Views)

Hi Akresse, 

Welcome to Sony Community!

You've mentioned that the camcorder does not operate using the AC adapter, then I suggest that you bring your camcorder to the repair center for service.

We highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ to assist you with this issue. 

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook