Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 21 of 28 (577 Views)

Re: Playmemories Home 'import media' function creates folders in mm/dd/yyyy format.

Wow, you are right! The screenshot shows it as yyyy-mm-dd!!!
RJF Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 22 of 28 (523 Views)

Re: Playmemories Home 'import media' function creates folders in mm/dd/yyyy format.

I know this is an old thread but found it when I was having trouble with date format. First of all , the problem is not with Sony Play Memories but with the Sony camera that you use to upload your photos to Play Memories. I have tried many things and this is what I have found. If you change the date format in the Sony camera to D-M-Y, that is the format that will be uploaded to your computer. If you view the photos in Play Memories or in Windows the format will be D-M-Y. The problem was that even though I changed the date format in the camera to Y-M-D and viewing the photos on the camera displayed Y-M-D, when I uploaded them to my computer they displayed as D-M-Y.  So I tried changing the date format in the camera to: M(English)-D-Y and camera displayed as such(eg. APR-20-2017) but when I uploaded the photos to my computer they displayed as Y-M-D(which is what I wanted). Then I changed the date format in the camera back to Y-M-D and it is everything displays as Y-M-D(eg. 2017-04-20). So there appears to be A GLITCH IN THE CAMERA SOFTWARE WHERE IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE DATE FORMAT WHEN UPLOADING TO A COMPUTER. Try changing the date format in the camera and then upload photos to see what format they appear in. Then change the date format back to Y-M-D.  I repeat, the problem is not Play Memories or Windows but a software glitch in the camera.

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 28 (519 Views)

Thanks for your post.  I've tried it on my camera & pc (twice) and it has NOT worked for me I'm afraid.  I don't know what others will find, but for me this hasn't provided a solution.

So for me SONY still have flawed software which, after being told for years that it is illogical and simply incorrect, still haven't addressed it.  What are people to make of a corporation that can't or won't get things right even when they know they're wrong?

Apprentice
Message 24 of 28 (513 Views)

Doesn't work for me and, even if it did, there would still be a fundamental flaw in PMH. Sony should be ashamed and embarrassed.

RJF Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 25 of 28 (510 Views)

There definitely is a problem with Sony software but I do not think it is in PMH but in the camera. The display in Windows is the same as PMH. PMH and Windows displays what it receives from the camera. It was only a fluke that when I tried changing the date format in the camera that I finally got the imported files to display properly.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 26 of 28 (489 Views)

Regardless of what the camera software does, PMH should allow us to choose a date format or, better, default to the only sensible format. In any case, the camera software doesn't seem to be the problem for Enthusiast or me.

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 28 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks RJF, it's good to have others' views on things, and I'm glad your tweak has worked for you.

While you may be right that it's the camera software which has the fault, I haven't ruled out yet that it's PMH - ie maybe the camera software is sending a wrong date format or maybe PMH is failing to import a correct one - which would then appear the same in Windows.  Think we'd need to look at the dialogues between the two to be certain. (Frustratingly it's the work of just 5 minutes for a SONY techy to do and identify the fault!).

RJF Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 28 of 28 (237 Views)

I just returned from a trip with hundreds of pictures. I did a test download with only one picture to confrm the date format. The date format in the camera was 2017/04/27 but when I downloaded it with PMH it was not correct. I had changed the windows setting for another app I was using. I went to the windows date setting in settings(Windows 10) and changed the short date setting to YYYY/MM/DD. Then the download worked as I wanted. I t appears that it could be a combination of camera settings and Windows settings. Very confusing and very frustrating as many of you have found it to be. Whatever date setting you have selected on your camera should be the format used when downloading your pictures without having to change windows settings. It still comes down to a Sony problem. Good luck having them correct it.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook