Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 25 (10,685 Views)
Accepted Solution

Remote Control for FDR AX-33 other than app and Phone

Is there a wireless remote for the FDR AX-33 that doesn't require I use a phone or some other video device. I want a small remote that allows me to zoom in and out with out having to use the phone. I want the video to be displayed on the camera display. I would flip it toward the direction of the lens so I could see what is being recorded when I am in the video. Using the phone to zoom in and out is clunky and abnormal looking when I am in the video. With a small remote that can be hidden in the hand with just the zoom buttons and start and stop buttons would be preferred. Half the time when I am in the video, the end result shows what I am recording, as well as what I am recording on my phone which is in the actual recorded video. ******!!!! This wifi use of your phone for a remote is not practical for what I need to do. Just give me a small remote control like it used to be with older camera's!
Message 2 of 25 (10,480 Views)

Re: Remote Control for FDR AX-33 other than app and Phone

Hi fredshulz,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

We suggest checking the RMT-VP1K IR remote commander out. You could set this up with your tripod and connecting the IR receiver to the Multi USB port of the camera and contro it wirelessly using the commander.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 25 (10,444 Views)

Great answer and it solved their problem, however, I am used to the sony vx2xxx system with remote on the tripod. I purchased a pistol grip that is also a midi tripod but the connections is half moon with 5 pins. is ther a converter conection that will attache to my ax33

Message 4 of 25 (10,407 Views)

HI jclang,

Looks like your model is a professional unit, I recommend contacting the Professional Customer Care team for assistance. But I would also suggest checking the VMC-AVM1 out. This is an adaptor cable for camcorders with the Muti USB port to be compatible with A/V compatible devices and remote grips. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 25 (10,397 Views)

don't get upset but is anyone at Sony 'Paying Attention'. Does the pulication staff know what they are talking about or do the Sony responders know. Some people think I should be able to use a remote, I am hoping, I can, but on my trip with several hours of down time at the airport, I finally read the manual.

It says that the "multi port will not accept remote commands". Just my darn luck, that the same information also applies to the hdr cx330. Did I somehow get the only two camera that Sony makes that do not accept remote controll. Please someone at Sony take a remote controll and plug it into the AX33 and the CX 330 to see if it works or not. Thanks

Jim

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 25 (10,377 Views)

I just received the RMK-VP1K as per the suggestion on this thread and I will test it out on my FDR AX-33 tonight.
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 25 (10,360 Views)

Thanks, it 10:30 in Hungeray, I will read it in the morning, or 3AM EDT

thanks jim

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 25 (10,358 Views)

Haha, I am in Hawaii so I am on the other side of the world. I should have it tested by 2:00 am Friday, Eastern Daylight Time or 8:00 pm Thursday Hawaii Standard Time. Smiley Wink
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 25 (10,311 Views)

Well, took the remote out of the box, put the batteries in the remote, plugged the cable from the receiver into the camera and mounted the receiver. Powered the camera up and I couldn't get the remote to work. I checked all the camera settings to see if there was something in setup to change. I tried the different modes for the multi port. Still couldn't get it to work. After 20 minutes of trying to get it to work I gave up. As I was removing the batteries for putting the remote back into it's packaging I noticed that I had a battery in the wrong direction. Once I resolved the battery issue all worked great. It is way better that the inferior phone app. Whose idea was that anyways....
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 25 (10,274 Views)

ok, aside from the tech pro of not getting the pointy end of the battery in by the +, you can turn on, start: rec or stby, and control W and T. SO THE TECH WRITERS ARE NOT ON THE SAME PAGE AS THE ENGINEERS! Great news, thanks.

jim 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook