Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 25 (2,456 Views)

Re: Remote Control for FDR AX-33 other than app and Phone

Not too sure about the power on and off but it does start and stop record and zooms in and out, just as the phone app did. I don't think the phone app could power off the cam either.
Enthusiast
Message 12 of 25 (2,434 Views)

OK one down and now on to the next remote. does anyone know, or has tried to use the New Sony GP-VPT1. As usual it is not listed with the ax33 but the other ones worked maybe the same will hold true for this. 

thanks

Jim

Message 13 of 25 (2,402 Views)

Hi jclang,

We do not recommend using the GP-VPT1 tirpod for the FDRAX33 camcorder as the connection may become unstable due to the weight of the camera itself. We would suggest the VCT-VPR1 tripod with remote control instead.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 25 (2,392 Views)

I think I unserstand your concers. however, to be sure, I plan to uie the tripod handle as an additional support. I am used to the vx2xxx series and find the ax33 alittle small in my hands. I do not want to carry a tripod, as I am doing that now in Europe and its rather a pain . I understand the issue of the tripod comming off, as that has happened and by luck I was holding the camera and not the tripod. 

Rookie
Message 15 of 25 (862 Views)

HI,

I have a Sony FDR-AX33. When I connect the camera to my smartphone with PlayMemories app the camera goes to automatic settings. Is there away to save the manual settings? Or is there another way to control the exposure wirelessly? I'm a performer myself so I often record live events when I'm on stage myself and with the stage lighting the automatic exposure doesn't do a good job.

Thanks!

Kindly,

Stina

Apprentice
Message 16 of 25 (511 Views)

Hello MitchC 

I read your suggestions and see that it was very helpful in directing to a wireless remote for the AX-33.

In searching the internet I found only one (wired) remote that will work with the AX-33 which is the Fotga RM-VS1.

Would you know of any wired remote that would work that has a (''time laps'') as well as the usual (Rec) + ( Zoom)

function?

Also on another note, does anyone notices a wavery vision ( like if heat was rising) in your moderate lighting of 4k close zooms ups? 

Thank you in advance for your info suggestions.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 25 (501 Views)

[ Edited ]

Your camera has an infrared sensor under the lens, so all you need is a sony infrared remote control. They used to include them with older devices (I have one from my old CX730E, an RMT-835 model), but not any more, at least my AX53 came without one. As this RMT-835 works with the AX53, I am quite sure it will work with the AX33 too, and it's the most simple and elegant solution (you can find one for around $20 on amazon or ebay). I don't know if any other remote control from the RMT-800 series will work, you can try if you get the chance.

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 25 (489 Views)

thanks I will give that a try.

Jim

Apprentice
Message 19 of 25 (466 Views)

Thank you Sergin_M for that information.

I have an older remote that came with the StudyShot DCR-TRV520 Didital Handycam. The remote is a RM-814 that didn't work with the Sony AX-33 at all. Just so I know, what are you setting the Sony AX-53 settings to get it to operate.

The AX-33 only have (wireless) 1.Ctrl with Smartphone 2. Multi Camera Control 3. Live Streaming. for external camera operation.

Do you engage any of those settings or do it detect your RMT-835 automatically.

Again if any others have found remotes that will operate the Sony AX-33 Wired or wireless please list them.

Thank you again for your help.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 25 (448 Views)

There's no need to activate any settings in camera, the remote works by default. The options you listed are for wifi control, but this remote works through infrared. I suppose the RM-814 is just not compatible, after all it came with a quite old camera. Try a RMT-835 (I'm sure it will work, as it works for me) or at least 831.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook