Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 13 (883 Views)

SD Card beeping

[ Edited ]

Hello Sony,

While in recording mode, there is a beeping tone coinciding with with a flashing red light next to the SD Card slot.  These beeps are audible on video recordings.  The flashing light and beep tone do not occur while the device is in standby mode.  Please advise what could be causing the issue, and how to remedy (FDR-AX53).  Thank you.

Expert
Message 2 of 13 (872 Views)

Re: SD Card beeping

Have you checked to see if the memory card is full or nearly full? 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 13 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have, it's only approx 20% full on 64GB.

ScanDisk Extreme Plus SDXC 90MB/s U3 C10

Expert
Message 4 of 13 (858 Views)

[ Edited ]

The light appears to be the "Memory Card Access Lamp".  Whether or not it is normal for it to blink during recording I do not know.  As for the beeping noise I'm still looking to see what I can find.

What recording mode are you in when this happens?  Do you get the beeping and flashing light regardless of which shooting mode you use?  Does this also occur if you use a different memory card?  

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 13 (850 Views)

That's the only memory card.  The light blinks at irregular intervals whenever video recording is in progress, it also beeps when I attach a microphone adapter.  I'm pretty sure it's the camera beeping, and not the microphone equipment.  The beeps occur in irregular intervals at exactly the same time as the blinks.

I am trying to connect two wireless mic receivers using a BeachTek DXA-4P Dual XLR Adapter.  The beeping occurs during recording whenever the adapter is plugged into the red mic jack.  This happens whether the adapter is in stereo or mono, even when the transmitters and receivers for both mics are turned off, or when zero mics are plugged into the adapter.

When there's one wireless mic receiver at a time connected directly to the camera, it blinks but doesn't beep.  Does this camera not support microphone adapters, or more than one audio source at a time?

Expert
Message 6 of 13 (815 Views)

Whether or not the FDR-AX53 supports microphone adapters or more than one audio source at a time is not something I can answer.  Someone with more knowledge than myself hopefully can answer that for you.  

I don't know that this would help but eliminate it as a possibility I would try another memory card.  If it does the same thing then you rule the card out as the source of the random blinking.  

Restating just to make sure I got this right:

One wireless mic receiver plugged directly in to the camcorder's mic input you get no beeps.

The BeachTek DXA-4P beeps regardless of the configuration you use.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 13 (805 Views)

Yes, that is correct.  Or rather, the camera beeps regardless of the configuration I use with The BeachTek DXA-4P.  I've noticed that the equipment does not beep out loud, the beeps only occur on the recording and over the headset monitor.

Thank you for your repsonse.

Expert
Message 8 of 13 (793 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hopefully someone who owns one will step in and help you out.  I have had times where I would hear noises on a recording that I did not hear while recording (foolishly did not use a headset) but nothing like a beeping sound.  Anyway you could share a picture of the blinking light?

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 13 (768 Views)

I did take a photo of the light, but I don't see any way to embed the image here without a URL?

Expert
Message 10 of 13 (733 Views)

I don't know how to do it without a link.  I've tried.  Not quite sure Sony doesn't allow this in their forums while a competitor, which shall remain nameless, does.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook