Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (2,810 Views)
Accepted Solution

SONY FDR-AX33 SUN'S PROTECTION (CINEMATIC)

Good day,

I'm looking for an accesory for the Sony Handycam FDR-AX33 as shown on the picture.

http://www.magazinevideo.com/images/divers/DSC01376.jpeg

Where can I buy it ?  And what's the name of it ?

Thanks.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 5 (2,803 Views)

Re: SONY FDR-AX33 SUN'S PROTECTION (CINEMATIC)

yes i would like to buy this too for my camcoder 

Expert
Message 3 of 5 (2,771 Views)

It is called a lens hood.  Search for a lens hood with a 52mm filter thread.  You can look for one from Altura, CowboyStudio, Goja, etc.

CowboyStudio 52mm DV-s DV Screw Mount Lens Hood with Cap for Digital Video Camera and Camcorder, Sun Shade.  This is close to the one in the picture.

Expert
Message 4 of 5 (2,698 Views)

I am also interested in the one in the picture. The ones I have seen fall into 2 categories: (1) wide but flat. Not enough depth for shading. Does almost nothing. (2) deep but not wide enough (even though advertised as wide). This caused "vignetting" when the camcorder is in the widest setting. Basically the sides of the shade shows up in the video. I purchased a "DV-S HOOD 52mm" but it was too narrow and I had to cut away 1/2 of the shades on the side, so that it would not show up in the video. The one in the picture above is extra wide and seems to be exactly what we need, but I have not seen it in my search. By the way, after using the camcorder with and without the sun shade, I can tell you that you almost do not need the sun shade. The lens on the camcorder is pretty good with dealing with the bright sun, unless you are shooting directly into it. Angles of 30 degrees or more does not affect the final video much. I rarely get lens flare. I shoot mostly outdoors, midday, sometimes with the sun in front of me or slightly overhead. Lots of back and forth panning. The down side to a sun shade is that it could catch wind if mounted on a tripod, causing movement in the video. The few times I find the sun shade to be extremely useful is when I am shooting in the rain. I use a zip lock bag on the camcorder (hole cut in it for the lens), or tape up exposed buttons with electrical tape, and use an external monitor. The sun shade keeps rain droplets from hitting the lens.
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 5 (2,686 Views)

It is too bad that the brand and model of the lens hood was not labeled on the picture as it looks like a good one.  I have been searching but found nothing that looks exactly like that one though it has to exist.  If I ever come across one that looks close I will post a link in this thread.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook