Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 1 (96 Views)

Sony PXW-X70 - S-Log2 and S-Log3 Upgrade

I'm an owner and operator of the Sony PXW-X70 camera.  Sony offers users to pay for a upgrade to 4K, which I did.  There is also a pay imaging option upgrade to MPEG HD, which I have not done. 

Sony is now introducing the PXW-Z90 camera.  This camera is the same in design as the PXW-X70.  The difference is it has a different sensor, the Exmor RS sensor and it has a different more advanced fast hybrid auto focus system.  The camera comes with both S-Log2 and S-Log3 installed and has in-camera HDR workflow with hybrid log-gamma (HLG). 

I have a request in with Sony Engineering to offer a pay S-Log2 and S-Log3 imaging option for the PXW-X70 to users.  As an example, look what Panasonic has done offering a pay V-Log upgrade for $99.00 for the Lumix GH4 users.  This is a competitive business environment and I believe Sony should offer additional firmware support to existing users and not just crank out new equipment.

I am but one person in the grand scheme of things, but each customer should be a valued customer in the eyes of Sony.  I know associates who are "Jumping Ship" to other camera manufacturers, based on what I'm talking about here.  I'm not talking about a free firmware imaging option upgrade, I'm talking about a reasonably priced paid upgrade. 

I hope that others will contact Sony engineering as I have done to request this upgrade.  I also hope that Sony Support see's this post and passes it on as quality customer feedback. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook