Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (427 Views)

Which Handy Camera has the longest slow motion capabilities

I am looking at purchasing a Handy cam for work to film blasts and would like to know which has the longest slow motion record capabilities and if there is a way to set it up so when a maximum file size/video length is reached it automatically starts a new file. A 96 fps recording would be a great starting rate

Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 3 (415 Views)

Re: Which Handy Camera has the longest slow motion capabilities

96 fps? I think you meant 960fps?

blasts? Not sure what you are blowing up - but Sony RX100 might be too far away.

You probably need the Sony RX10 model.

I only have RX100 experience - you really only get a few seconds of recording in quality mode. The other mode might get you a little more. 5 seconds?

From what I've read online - I don't think the RX10 is much different.

Also - this is recorded in "1080p" - but it is of lesser quality and "blown up" to fit 1080p, so image quality is lost.

There is no way in RX100 to setup to start a new file. It takes a couple minutes to write from the buffer to the SD card, so you are waiting and waiting.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (316 Views)

Re: Which Handy Camera has the longest slow motion capabilities

Thanks for the replying. filming mining blasts.
the 960 fps rate would be amazing but a little over kill and not practical unless i purchase vibration senses to save recordings of a consistent video.

Is there a camera with a fps of around 96 to 120 that does not have a video length limit

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook