Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (784 Views)

Why Recorded Video Flickers on VLC

[ Edited ]

I am using Sony HDR CX405 camcoder. Not only my model but most of the models have this problem. When I play a video recorded with the camcoder, I see a strange flickering/torn image on VLC Media Player. This problem doesn't occur when played the video with Windows Media Player. Is there any reason for this problem? Do I need to install any codec on VLC to play the videos correctly. By the way, not other videos cause the same problem on VLC. I mean, this is for sure not a generic problem of my VLC Installation. Other videos looks just normal.

Thanks,

******i *****y

J********** .com

Expert
Message 2 of 7 (761 Views)

Re: Why Recorded Video Flickers on VLC

What format are the videos in?  Are they .MTS, MPEG, or something else?

Message 3 of 7 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, Bizwiz2017

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7 (672 Views)

That doesn't answer my question. I know the destinations to seek support. I know the route is longer and possibly less effective. I am seeking support from Community to know if anyone faces similar problem or not.
Expert
Message 5 of 7 (669 Views)

It does make one wonder if the post is actually read before that scripted response is posted.  That type of response is what turns people away from forums.  A moderator should know better and it looks like an excuse to cover that the person who responded does not know how to answer the question.  The question can be answered here.  Some sites actually forbid you from asking "If my response solves...please mark as solved".  

Rookie
Message 6 of 7 (603 Views)

I have a Sony Handycam and I always face the exact same problem. I started believing this is how it works on VLC. But seems like it could be a genuine problem. Is there anyone who knows why it happens on VLC?

Thanks and regards,
Bose

http://sribasu.com
Message 7 of 7 (569 Views)

Hi Sigma8,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook