Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Camcorders

New Contributor
USER-975481
Accepted Solution

date/time embed on video

I have a Sony Handycam dcr-sx85 and I would like it to display the date and time in the video and picture created. When I move it to the computer or make a dvd from the video, it would be very nice to have the date and time it was shot displayed in the video. I can not find a way to make this so. It would be nice to have for family videos, but if the date and time is not shown, how would we know when it was shot? Any help would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
NathanielL

Re: date/time embed on video

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

Your camcorder has a feature called Data code. You can use this feature for playing back the video. If you are trying to record the time stamp on the video when creating a DVD, you would need 3rd party video editing software for that feature. The software i can recommend is Sony DVD Architecct Studio. You can check the trial version by clicking here:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dow ... dvdastudio
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-975481

Re: date/time embed on video

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

Your camcorder has a feature called Data code. You can use this feature for playing back the video. If you are trying to record the time stamp on the video when creating a DVD, you would need 3rd party video editing software for that feature. The software i can recommend is Sony DVD Architecct Studio. You can check the trial version by clicking here:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dow ... dvdastudio

That's terrible. Even the old days of analog cameras could easily imprint a date and time stamp on the video. To have such advances in technology that now require me to get a third party software, at a cost no less, is terrible. I can use the data code to show the date and time when I play it back on the camcorder, but it can't just simply record it in the video...that's just... one last time, TERRIBLE.
Please use plain text.