Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 17 (4,374 Views)

fdr-ax53 audio rec level and audio distortion

Hi,

I've tested my fdr-ax53 camcorder and noticed the following problem: when recording wedding or something like organ music using auto rec level the audio gets distorted. The problem is bigger with XAVC S codec. With AVCHD codec the auto rec level works better and the audio gets much less distorted. Although using manual mode the audio is perfect with both codecs. Has anybody else noticed the problem? Waiting for your answer, thanks in advance!

Message 2 of 17 (4,349 Views)

Re: fdr-ax53 audio rec level and audio distortion

Hi danoss95,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

Are you using the built-in microphone or an external one? I would like to ask for a sample video of the issue so we can further investigate this and provide you with the best resolution.

Thanks

Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 17 (4,339 Views)

Hi! I used the built in microphone and don't have any test data with external microphone. But I can send the sample videos recorded with the built in microphone.
Message 4 of 17 (4,322 Views)

Hi danoss95,

We suggest posting the video in a video sharing website and providing us a link to it here. We appreciate it.

Thanks

Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 17 (4,267 Views)

Here is the link to video. Listen yourself and say your opinion https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B62H7iYG95fucDNmVFJ4c2VoOVU/view?usp=sharing

Message 6 of 17 (4,239 Views)

Hi danoss95,

I'm sorry, I tried to access your video but I get an error message when trying to play it back.

Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 17 (4,231 Views)

The link worked fine for me. The audio is distorted. Sounds like auto record levels too high and a limiter kicking in. This a bug reported on other forums about the AX53. Sounds like this camera is not a mature product.
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 17 (4,217 Views)

Here is a link to Youtube https://youtu.be/nSf0Bw2voTQ
Rookie
Message 9 of 17 (4,111 Views)

I watched the video, and I can that it has the same problem as mine.

I just bought this camera and used it the first time for a piano performance. I heard the distortion while editing the video on Final Cut Pro, and thought it was my computer. However, when I listened to the video directly from the camera, it was the same issue. Has Sony anything in the works to take care of the issue. The built in mic is great other than the distortion.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 17 (1,085 Views)

Hello.

I am having the same problem as the originator of this thread.  My FDR-AX53 records too hot when using the built-in microphones.  The audio record level is set to "Auto" on the camcorder.  I recorded a band and choir concert.  The audio distortion was equally bad when recording the band and the choir, even though the sound output was much less from the choir.

I watched the sound levels in the monitor using Adobe Premiere, and the sound never actually peaked, but was in the "orange" area consistently.  We sell videos of our concerts, and the video from this camcorder was completely unusable.

Previously, I was borrowing a Sony HDR-PJ710v, and the sound was always excellent.  I did this for years with very good results.

Can you authorize me to exchange my HDR-AX53 for a HDR-PJ710v?  I would be glad to pay the difference in cost.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook