Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (674 Views)

new camcorder - bought class 10 Micro SD and the camera won't recognize it?

I bought a new 440 camcorder the week before leaving for an Alaskla vacation.  I put in the SD card and pretty sure switched the camcorder to record to the SD card.  Even formatted the card.  During the trip, I bought another Micro SD card.  put it into the camera and when trying to formatt it, got a message that it was "non- compliantr"  Even though it was a class 10, apparently it is not the right one for the camera.  OK fine, when I reinserted the original card, which had been recorded on, I tired playing back the video.  A message came up saying there was no video on the caard!  Can anyone explain what I did wrong, or what happened.

Mahabi

Message 2 of 6 (572 Views)

Re: new camcorder - bought class 10 Micro SD and the camera won't recognize it?

Hi Mahabi,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We apologize for not replying sooner. May we have the exact model number of your Sony Camcorder?

Thank you,

Jerome

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (566 Views)

The camcorder model # is HDR-CX440.

The micro SD card I purchased in Alska said it was useable in a camcorder,  But very possibly it was not suited for recoding HD.  Should I have purchased an "Ultra" SD card, or do I have to purchase only cards sold through SONY?

Thanks, MaHaBi

Expert
Message 4 of 6 (556 Views)

The specifications say:

Recording media (Movie/Photo): Internal memory HDR-CX440/PJ440: 8 GB*2 AVCHD, Photo Memory Stick Micro (Mark2) media microSD card (Class 4 or faster) XAVC S microSDXC card (Class 10 or faster)

You don't say much about the card other than it is class 10.  It could be a fake.

Expert
Message 5 of 6 (537 Views)

As sludge2017 mentioned the card could be a fake.  Will you provide the full specs of the card such as the brand and any other additional information.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6 (523 Views)

OK,

The card is a 32 GB Kingston Technology, micro SD, HC1, classs 10, 45MB/s.  I admitt, I am a novice atr this SD chip recording.  My previous camcorder was a Sony, digital tape unit.  It worked flawlessly for 10+ years, but did not survive a fall off my desk when I was downloading film to my computer.  The new camcorder was a quick replacement, as we were going on a trip to Alaska.  Unfortunately, I have no video shot with this new camera.  No time for practice before travel.  Seems to be a lot more learning to do with all the menus and settings.   When I tried to format this Kingston card, tjhe camcorder would not format it, with a message non-compatible!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook