Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Camcorders

Tuning Up
zenocon

play memories home won't play video

Hi, I have a Sony HDR-SR11 -- for several years now I've been taking video and pics and dumping them to a PC.  Several months ago, I was prompted to update the Sony software (now called Play Memories Home), so I did (now at version 2.0.03.04240), and ever since I've updated, the software will no longer play HD videos that I've recorded with the camer.  When I double-click the video file inside the software it shows a preview of the first frame, but it will not play.  No error is reported.  I have also tried the menu option: Media Control -> Play but nothing happens.

How can I resolve this?  I have run the PlayMemories Home Environment Check Tool and created a diagnostic archive of all my environment settings.  I'd be happy to mail this to someone @ Sony if they can tell me where to send it to.

Please use plain text.
GlennDo

Re: play memories home won't play video

Try uninstalling and re-installing Play Memories Home.  It could also be possible that you may need to update the driver for your video card.

Please use plain text.