Camcorders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 11 (3,722 Views)

support for m2t and m2ts in play memories home

Hi,

I had a sony hdr-hc3 hdv, which produced m2t videos.

Then I bought a sony hdr-cx520ve, which produced m2ts videos.

I was able to reproduce videos from both cameras (m2t and m2ts) in PMB.

But PMB has been now replaced by Play Memories, that only reproduces m2ts videos, so I can't see the videos from my old camera.

Is it possible to support both video types m2t and m2ts in Play Memories? 

Thank you!

Martin

Message 2 of 11 (3,703 Views)

Re: support for m2t and m2ts in play memories home

Hi mlahittette,

Information on the file formats supported by PlayMemories Home can be found on this link:

There is really no functional difference between MTS and M2TS files. Both are High Definition (HD) files associated with the AVCHD video format. An M2TS file extension can be renamed to an MTS file extension and vice versa.

AVCHD files can be added to PlayMemories Home by connecting the camcorder to the computer.

Also, for further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence (www.sony.com.ar). Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Vincent

Rookie
Message 3 of 11 (3,568 Views)

If the M2T file was generated by Adobe Premiere Elements 12 rather than a camcorder, how do I authenticate the file?  (I used Adobe Premiere Elements to convert interval photos from an HDR-AS100VR into time lapse video.)  PlayMemories does not show the file. (Renaming the extension to "MTS" did not solve the problem.)

Thanks!

// Brian Uitti

Message 4 of 11 (3,546 Views)

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

The M2T file may not be read by the software due to a difference in file version and format. PlayMemories Home can only read formats which are either from Sony or universally accepted ones like Mp4. I suggest changing the format to Mp4 (quality of video may go down) for you to view the edited file in PMH. 

For making time lapse videos with your action cam, we recommend downloading Action cam Movie Creator.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 11 (2,202 Views)

I have the same problem, Got a new computer and transferred all my video files to it and now I have 3 years of M2T files that do not show up on the Play Memories software, was ther ever a fix for this?

Message 6 of 11 (2,164 Views)

Hi gissyt,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

The .m2t files are compatible with the PlayMemories Home software. But you will need to authenticate the videos by connecting the camera you originally used to the computer. Once done, the software should be able to read the files correctly. If not, please run the PlayMemories Settings Initialization Tool or reinstall the program.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 11 (2,114 Views)

I would love to connect the coamcorder to my new computer but unfortunately it doesn't have a firewire to connect. the HDR-HC1 I fortunately kept but I don't have a way of connecting it to the computer. Do you have a solution for that? Why wouldn't the software automatically recognize all the files in the first place? Is there a way of activating it withour the camera?

Expert
Message 8 of 11 (2,111 Views)

I too have a HDR-HC1.  You can connect using a video capture device that will connect to the computer via a USB port.  You might have to do a bit of searching for one that supports FIreWire.  The alternative is use the supplied composite cable and a video capture device.  Unfortunately it will be standard definition using the composite cable.  Are you using a laptop or desktop computer to edit?  If a desktop, does it have a free slot for a FireWire card?

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 11 (2,109 Views)

I have already captured all the videos from the recorder, I just need to connect it to the computer so that the Play Memories software will recognize the M2T files I have on the hard drive. I ordered a firewire to USB cable, but from what I have read it won't help me. Thanks for you quick response.
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 11 (1,277 Views)

Play Memories settings Initialization tool still does not allow me to see MTS or M2TS files. Using PMH 5.3.01.02070

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook