Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (664 Views)
Accepted Solution

Corrupt MXF files - Forgot to format the card - Sony-PXW-FS5

[ Edited ]

Urgent problem! I have a urgent problem with my FS5, but can't seem to find a solution. I forgot to format the SDXC card onboard the camera and had prior used that card for photography. I have been out shooting an interview and when I opened them in Catalyst Browse the files was showing but in the preview window it said that the media is offline, missing or unsupported... I can see the files and even import them to a folder, but they are not readable. I have tried to manualIy move them to a card that has been formatted onboard the FS5 and afterwards use the Catalyst Browse. No luck! I have even tried to "recover" them (even though they are not gone) and import them through Content browser. (I only have a trial version and is uncertain if all the features is available - I would ofcourse bye a version if that would help...). Is there any one out there how have an solution - a way that to connect them with the corresponding file which seem to be the problem? I really hope you have a suggestion?  

Thanks Ulrik

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3 (630 Views)

Re: Corrupt MXF files - Forgot to format the card - Sony-PXW-FS5

Problem Solved! I Reconstructed the files (that was not missing), and ran them through a video converter, and made prores 422 files... :-) 

Message 3 of 3 (476 Views)

Re: Corrupt MXF files - Forgot to format the card - Sony-PXW-FS5

Hey Ulrik, I believe we were able to recover the additional corrupt media through our PM chat. Please let me know if you have any other issues you would like addressed.

Meanwhile, if anyone else has this issue, feel free to let me know.

Thank you,
Omar

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook