Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Computadoras Vaio General

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 2 (1,044 Views)

Can I upgrade RAM Sony VAIO SVF15218PLB?

Hello how are you?

Can I upgrade RAM Sony VAIO SVF15218PLB?

I have been wanting to add more ram to my Sony VAIO SVF15218PLB notebook, but it does not say anything in the manual or call the official sony technical support, I have only been referred to other phones and I did not get a response ...

I have 8GB of RAM in two 4GB slots each.

After researching I came across a web called MrMemory and found that I can "supposedly" add up to 12gb of ram. But it could only change 1 slot and the other says to leave it as it left the factory. osea quedarian 4gb + 8gb = 12gb

The Mr Memory link:

I use the computer for graphic design programs. phoshotop illustrator and many firefox tabs and open images. nothing more. I do not use it for games.

I found in the memory of the same brand as the one that is installed, with the same characteristics and voltage, same pin, etc ... I would not want to invest money in vain in that memory ram if it is not going to work.

Does anyone know how much RAM supports vaio?
Thank you very much,

Message 2 of 2 (588 Views)

Re: Can I upgrade RAM Sony VAIO SVF15218PLB?

Hello facu-video12, thank you for your message.

Welcome to community website!

According to your question about the maximum Ram memory supported by the unit, we recomend you to contact an authorized service center for further assistance:

Follow the link below:

If this answer helps you, click on accept as a solution.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook