Welcome to the Community!

Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (254 Views)

Complaint - Sony XBR75940D

This is to notify you about a problem I am having with the Sony XBR75X940D television that I purchased on December 23, 2016 and to request you accept our return of this faulty lemon product.

I am dissatisfied with your product because of the numerous issues I have had that have required me to contact support as well as the issues that have remained unresolved.

The first issue I have is that I cannot have my sound bar connected to the t.v. without the sound going off totally each night we watch the television. I have already attempted to resolve this problem which began in December of 2016 by contacting support via phone and chat and the local store at which I purchased the tv.  I have had no resolution to get this to stop other than to disconnect the sound bar and go with only the tv speaker.

Also, now almost every day now we have our ‘smart’ menu disappear and the message Sony Leanback Launcher has failed.  When we call support they basically just say unplug the tv.  This gets it to go away for a bit of time but it continues to happen repeatedly.  I have tried to do factory resets on the tv but yet it continues to return leaving us unable to use the menu on the tv until we unplug and reset it again..

Unfortunately, the numerous issues remain unresolved.  At best we are told to unplug the tv.    And research on the internet seems to show that these are common issues on all Sony products. Because of this we don’t feel that changing to another Sony tv will correct the issues.  I am hereby requesting that you: 

• Allow us to return the tv and refund our complete purchase price so that we can get a tv that will not have these issues.  I am not confident that a different sony tv will not have the same issues, so I am not asking for an exchange.

Please contact me within 30 days to confirm that you will honor my request.  I have prepared a complaint for submission to the better business bureau for investigation.  I will not file the complaint if you resolve the problem within this time period I have indicated.

Thank you for your anticipated assistance in resolving my problem.  

I am putting this on this board because you don't have such a thing as an address for a complaint department so here you go.  

Message 2 of 7 (250 Views)

Re: Complaint - Sony XBR75940D

Hi sbohlin, let me call you now. Regards, Dave

Apprentice
Message 3 of 7 (242 Views)

I am about to join with Sbohline in his protest. I have had nothing but troubl with my XBR65X850C TV. I bought it new from Best Buy and delivered and set up on 11/27/2015. Right from the start I had trouble with the set turning off and on by itself. I called Sony and their man helped me with a Factory reset.  It helped that problem. Then the problem of " UNFORTUNATELY"  started. Mean while I had been downloading the updates. Reading the community And a Email from Sony to un plug the set and to go to blutooth settings and to turn it off then back on .Unplug set ,let the TV reboot and that was a good temporary fix.there were many other teporary fixes Then I had hope with the new soft ware update. PKG3.885.013NAB. IT actually worked for 2 weeks NOW I can't get the TV to work at all. I have 14 different "Unfotunatelys" recycling . I have tryed the unplug and reboot method to no availe It says report and ok. I use the remote for the set and hit the ok button over and over. IT finally reboots I never get out of the loop. It just starts over again. I think Sony needs to be reported to the BBB. This has ben going on long enough. there thousand of un satisfied customers out here. Daniel J. Elsenheimer  

Message 4 of 7 (240 Views)

Hi Delsenheimer, We're sorry to hear about the issues that you’re having with your Sony TV. Let me send you a message. Regards, Dave

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (237 Views)

I haven't had any other luck Daniel.  I was called by the customer relations person this afternoon, and all he wanted to do was to send me back into 'advanced' technical support.  He basically said there will not be a refund.  So I guess I have to put up with it or as you say we have to go to the Better Business Bureau. 

Message 6 of 7 (233 Views)

Hi sbohlin, let me send you a message. Regards, Dave

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 7 of 7 (216 Views)

I got a letter from DAVE too . NOTHING to reort here either.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook