Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (271 Views)

E65593007

[ Edited ]

I am having an issue with my manufacturer warranty. I purchased a 4k TV from Best Buy on Oct. 28th 2016. The TV was purchased as an open box, however, it still carries the same manufacturer warranty as explained from both Best Buy as well as your own Sony Limted Warranty.

Best Buy is an authorized Sony retailer… I have a dated receipt. I researched this model and went to the store to buy it. The store only had this one in stock. I was told it was still under manufacturer warranty for a year from the date of purchase, and your limited warranty does not say otherwise. 

Per your Limited Warranty:

Term: One (1) year from the original date of purchase of the product (or ninety (90) days from the original date of purchase for commercial use). This Limited Warranty is transferable. However any transfer of this product does not extend the term. A copy of the dated receipt from Sony or A Sony Retailer or bill of sale from the original end user purchase is required to determine coverage. Onlkine auction confirmations are not accepted for warranty verification.

------

Sent: Monday, September 4, 2017 8:57 AM
To: Justin
Subject: RE: E65593007

Dear Justin,

Thank you for contacting Sony regarding the warranty of your television. Unfortunately, based on the condition of sale shown on the receipt, the TV is out of warranty.  Please visit https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl for Out of Warranty repair options.

Regards,

Frank/c88s

Sony National Service and Support

Phone: 877-591-7669

On Sep 4, 2017 6:58 AM, "stvsp" <stvsp@am.sony.com> wrote:

Event ID E65593007

Dear Justin,

We have reviewed the pictures that you sent. Good news! Everything appears to be in order. Within the next business day, we will begin processing your replacement.

We will continue to send you status updates via email. If you have any questions or need assistance at any point along the way, please contact us at 877-591-7669. Our hours are 9:00am-6:00pm ET, Monday through Friday.

edit: removed personal email.

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (261 Views)

Re: E65593007

Hi stihl, let me send you a private message. Regards, Ella

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook