Welcome to the Community!

Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (840 Views)

Faulty battery pack NP-FX110

My battery pack NP-FX110 just exploded, and I would like to get a new one for my portable DVD player model DVP-FX930. Please let me know next steps. Thank you.

Message 2 of 10 (835 Views)

Re: Faulty battery pack NP-FX110

Hi Patrickwhittam, Thank you for your input and concern. Sony takes such reports seriously and will investigate appropriately. I'll provide you additional information in a private message. >Joffrey
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (765 Views)

Hi - as per instructions, I sent the batter back. Based on the tracking information, I know it was received on 11/18. Is there a way to find out the status on this return? I sent back two emails, but did not get any replies. Thank you.

Message 4 of 10 (758 Views)

Hi patrickwhittam, I just sent you a private message. Thanks, Yuri

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (703 Views)

Sound like my battery is not an isolated case, this is a common issue with this battery.

We just had a faulty battery pack with our Portable DVD player too. I noticed it when the DVD would not play because the battery pack was swelling to the point where it was warping the entire player. I was able to remove the battery (with a little force). I've had the battery isolated for the last two weeks waiting till I can drop it off and recycle it (this thing is not safe to ship). The battery is continuing to swell to almost double it's thickness.

Sony, you have a serious safety issue here. Li-ion fires are no joke. Just hope nobody takes this player on an airplane (or Sony might get the same bad wrap as the Samsung Galaxy Note 7).

Message 6 of 10 (689 Views)

Hi Cornfed, Let me send you a private message. Thanks, Hailey

Rookie
Message 7 of 10 (601 Views)

Today I had the same thing happen with our DVP-FX921 portable DVD player.  The silver portion of the battery pack is pushing the plastic up and it is expanding.  What should I do with this battery??  

Is there a way to get a replacement battery that may not have this issue?   We use the DVD player and really like it.  I don't want to have to buy a whole new DVD player because the battery malfunctioned.  If anyone has any advice please let me know!  It has been a great little machine.  :-/

Message 8 of 10 (599 Views)

Hi Ashpayne99,

Thanks for letting us know about your concern. I sent you a message, please check out your community inbox.

Regards,

Dave

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10 (453 Views)

Well, this just happened to us too. We used our portable DVD player around Christmas 2016 with no problems. Today, we took it out to use (it's been stored in an armoire in our living room (i.e. controlled temperature) and discovered the battery pack swollen and popped open. It doesn't look like it's possible to buy a replacement battery and while the player can be used without the battery as long as it's plugged in, it doesn't make it very portable.

I see that Sony appears to be doing something about this, so please let me know what I need to do.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Message 10 of 10 (452 Views)

Hi morettina98, Let me send you a private message. Thanks, Hailey

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook