Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (856 Views)

Horrid customer service

Seems like I am not alone in my experiencing terrible cusotmer service with Sony.  Figured I'd tell my story here as well.

We bought a TV from Best Buy back in January.  Loved it for the first 6 months.  All of a sudden, two weeks ago, it stopped powering up.  Electricity to the outlet is fine, so is the surge protector it's plugged into.  So clearly an issue with the TV itself.  I called Sony, opened up a case, and was informed they'd send me a new power adapter via Fedex two day shopping.  That was on 7/29/17.

As of Thursday 8/3, I had not received the part.  So I called back sony, and the order of conversations went like this:

- Sony - "Please call our parts provier, Encompass.  They can give you the status of the shipment"

- Encompass "My computer tells me Fedex has created the shipping label.  You need to call Fedex to confirm the status of the shipment"

Fedex - "Sir, neither Sony nor Fedex has provided the part on this order. As soon as they do, we'll get it to you right away."

Encompass - "Oh, this is a warranty issue.  Encompass does deal with warranty issues.  You need to contact Sony to have them re-order the part."

Sony - "Please contact Encompass, our parts supplier, and they can provide further detail"

Me - "I already contacted Encompass.  They told me to call Sony"

Sony - "Oh, I see the problem. The part is on back-order, and won't be in stock until 8/14.  We'll ship it to you as soon as we get it in stock.  You can always go to a retail store and buy the AC adapter on your own."

Seriously?  I don't think this situation could have been handled any worse.  It feels like very person at either Sony or Encompass was trying as best they can do put the onus on someone else.  Per other users on this community board, I think a call to the BBB is in order.  

Message 2 of 4 (852 Views)

Re: Horrid customer service

Hi jcaloia, let me send you a private message. Regards, Ella

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (843 Views)

EllaC, to clarify, nothing has been resolved.  Although I apprecaite you reaching out, your PM indicating the situation has been handled is far from accurate.  It was only after I had to make repeated calls to Sony, Encompass, and Fedex, and only after I refused to be transferred to another department, was the back-order situation discussed.  I do not know for sure if the back-order is the real issue or not.  So far, everyone at Sony seems to be content with waiting and letting another department deal with it.  And although I also appreciate your sincerest apologies, what I really want is the problem to be fixed, and quickly.  I certainly hope that the AC power pack is the issue.  I am not looking forward to having to contact Sony again for a product replacement if the power pack does not fix the problem.  

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (810 Views)

To make the story even better, after being told yesterday that the part I need is on back-order, and won't be available until Monday 8/14, I got curious this morning and went onto the website of their parts supplier, Encompass.  They have the part I need, it's in stock, and can ship today if I buy it on my own.  I'm about to call customer relations again and get their take on the situation.......

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook