Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (148 Views)

Poor Customer Service for Camera Warranty - Precision Camera

Hi - 

I purchased a Sony DSCHX80 last year and have had several issues with the lens jamming. That being said, I have sent the camera in with all of the required documents to be serviced by the warranty repair people (precision camera) and 2 months went buy and no email updating me on the status or notifying me that I needed to send another copy of the proof of purchase.

I reached out to the warranty team and was told that my box didn't have the proof of purchase, which I'm 100% sure I included in the box. The representative was extremely rude and when I asked what could be done she said nothing. I also asked to speak to a manager and was not transferred, nor did I receive a call back from the manager.

I called back and the next representative was a bit more helpful, and I was able to send over another copy of the proof of purchase, which she confirmed received and advised that the camera would come in 5 business days. The camera didn't come, so I followed up AGAIN. The same representative that confirmed that she received my proof of purchase, then said that they had no record of the receipt! I once again asked to speak to a manager and nothing! Fast forward another several days later and I'm finally told that the wrong tag was given to the camera, and now they have to wait 7 days more just to receive the parts before they can work on the camera.

So it has been 2.5 months since I sent in the camera and I still don't have it. I'm extremely upset over this level of customer service from a company such as Sony. They should be more diligent about who they choose to service their products' warranties or stay involved in the process. At this point this is unacceptable and I need to speak with someone who can actually help immediately. 

Message 2 of 2 (121 Views)

Re: Poor Customer Service for Camera Warranty - Precision Camera

Hi oclough366, Let me send you a private message.  Thank you, - Jade

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook