Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9 (2,128 Views)
Accepted Solution

Precision Camera Warranty

Just want to share and tell my story 

See time line below

5/18/2016 :

Bought A6000 and went on my trip, come back and realize there is spots in the photo, and I rarely change the lens.  Contacted Sony via chat room, they told me to reset the camera and try the self cleaning, and it doesnt work, contacted sony for warranty service and send the camera in.  I trused Sony so i send it in instead of retruning in.

6/13/2016-8/03/2016(First Repair)

send it into precision camera.  status page show waiting for parts for two weeks.  camera come back, repair slip said clean sensor and no part was replace.  Took photo with two different  lens, spots still there at the same place, after they clean the sensor. 

8/04/2016 

Contacted Sony, and Sony said to ship it back to Precision Camera for the second time, Sony provided the shipping label. 

8/7/2016-8/22/2016(Second Repair)

Shipping camera via fedex ground, Precision Camera show it receive on Aug 16,  I was going to call Precision Camera to see, but no one pick up the phone like many others said in the web. Then in less than 24hour after they receive the camera, they ship it back.  Got the camera back, take the photo.  Spots still there. Repair slip show cleaning sensor again. 

8/23/2016(Third Repair)

Contact Sony again, and Sony said to ship it back again for the third time, I also contact Precision Camera and they agree to provide shipping label. 

At this point, I have no choice but to ship it back, as you can see, I now have the camera for three months, but two of the three months the camera is in repair and they still didn't fix it. To me, i would like sony to replace the camera at no cost. I have wasted so many hour hour calling them. Precision Camera's repair wouldn't even do a simple check or just take a photo with the camera. Every time before the repair, i had emailed them, call them, send them sample, even include a full write up of what condition and setting you can see the spots. I should have just return the camera back when I still can and buy a different brand if i know that this is why i am going to end up. I am now stuck with this defective problem and this endless repair cycle.

Message 2 of 9 (2,122 Views)

Re: Precision Camera Warranty

Hi CameraHI, Let me send you a private message.  Thanks, Hailey

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9 (2,045 Views)

I had just received my camera back from precision camer for the third time, repaire slip read" Checks OK! lettered, All functions normal at this time." and a letter that titeled "Camera Checks OK"  happied finial get is working after almost three months(I bought the camera less than four months ago)  put the 18-55mm lens in there, aperature priority mode with f/32 shooting at blue sky and another one with my 55-210mm lens with same setting.  Put the sd card into my computer same thing is there.  The spots in the photo is still there.  Called the Sony warranty again, and the agent want me to send the camera to precision camera AGAIN.  After three times over a period of 3 months.  If you read my previous post, you will see my story.  At this point i got nothing to said,  I shouldn't trust Sony in the first place,  I should have return the camera to the store when i still can after the first repair.  NO but stuipid me believed in Sony and send the camera in for the second time, now Sony manage to drag in pass my 90days return period and i am stuck and can do nothing but send it in for the third time.  After three times they still don't fix it and keep saying it is ok to them, look at the photo and see for yourself.  I emailed them, called them, leave message, sending them sample photo, tell them what setting i use.  NOTHING they said nothing is wrong with the camera.  and Sony just want me to keeping sending the camera back and pretty soon they will tell me your warranty is over and i am stuck with a defective camera.  To me Sony is just cheating its customer, i bought everything from Sony for years and this is how i got treated. At this point, i told the agent I want a replacement camera and he just told me this is over my paid grade and I will let customer relationship know, and by the way, i can not transfer your call and you can not call them.  Sony's Customer and Warranty service is just before my words.  I hope everybody can see this, your warranty for any camera is worth nothing. I don't mind spending 800 to buy a camera, i just want a working camera.  I demand SONY to give me a "NEW" replacement not refurbish.  To me sending it back to precision is just a waste of time.

reference number e63882137 

55-210mm 2016-09-07.JPG

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9 (2,036 Views)

THIS IS FOR ALL WHO VISIT THIS FORUM TO SEE, THIS IS WHAT SONY AND PRECISION CAMERA CALL OK, ALL FUNCTIONS NORMAL FOR THE A6000 (800DOLLAR KIT)

AS YOU CAN SEE, THE SPOTS ARE AT THE SAME PLACE FROM TWO DIFFERENCE LENS

18-55mm Lens 09-07-2016

18-55mm 2016-09-07.JPG

55-210mm Lens 09-07-2016

55-210mm 2016-09-07.JPG

Message 5 of 9 (2,022 Views)

Hi CameraHI, please check your inbox. Thanks, Yuri

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9 (2,007 Views)

Thank you Yuri for your quick responre, per our phone conversation , I emailed the sales receipt to Sony. Hopefully, this can be resolve quickly, I have a upcoming trip at September 29, I just don't want to go without a camera
Message 7 of 9 (2,004 Views)

Hi CameraHI, let me send you a private message. Thanks, Charlie

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 9 (1,948 Views)

To: Yuri, Charlie,Ella and whoever in Sony that work on my issue

I thank you for your help and my problem is solve now.  You folks did a great job and show me Sony do care about us.  Good to know we still have some great people in Sony.  In the other hand.  I think Sony shouild take a closer look at Precision Camera.  I don't think my case is isolated.  Thank you again for your help

Rookie
Message 9 of 9 (1,260 Views)

To check for spots on the sensor, you should take a photo of a white paper, out of focus, with a wide aperture (2.8 or 4).

Use auto-exposure.

Blow the image up to 100% and look for dark spots on the image.

If you stop down to F32, you run the danger of seeing spots that are on the lens or filter.

Your images appear to show different spots for different lenses - that should not be the case if the spots are on the sensor.

Spots on the sensor are also visible if you take off the lens and open the shutter. I use a magnifier or a microscope to see better.

DHorn

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook