Welcome to the Community!

Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 72 (2,183 Views)

Re: XBR65x930D Wont power on

My sony 65X930D model purchased 11/28/16 suddenly stopped working, wouldn't power on. It took a week but Sony sent a service tech with a new board (part it needed according to their diagnosis over the phone). After the part was replaced....Same result...TV won't power on. Now Sony wants to replace my 65X930D with the downgraded 900 model but will upgrade me to the 2017 model...65X900E. On the surface this seems like a serious downgrade to me. We paid an additional $500 last November to upgrade to the 930 over the 900. Am I being screwed or is this a fair trade???

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 72 (2,136 Views)

I'm having the same problem with my XBR65X930D.  Contacted Sony over a week ago and they told me someone will be call me in 3-5 days.  I called technical support and they are finally sending someone out.  Did you end up getting a different TV? Is it refurbished or new?

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 72 (1,999 Views)

Bought xbr65x930d (3D capable) for list price of $2,200 January 29, 2017.  Out of box noted picture not as good as that demonstrated at Best Buy.  Some content such as blu ray or 4K streaming seemed ok so thought our cable provider COX not having 4k might explain poor picture.  Within same week of purchase started  noticing TV would fail to power on or would power on than turn it self off.  Thought it might be remote control or sensor on TV so installed the optional infra red eye sensor.  Still same problem with sometimes not turning on.  Ultimately it would stay on so I thought nothing of it as long as TV worked.  Than April 13, 2017 TV turned on in morning but not that evening.  Called Sony Cust service....they did some quick trouble shooting over phone (unplug, power down, etc) and surprisingly very quickly determined it was "power board" and would have technician come out and replace it. Makes you wonder if there is a manufacturing defect that they are aware of??!! Did not hear back for a few days so after several more calls, technician comes out with a part but TV still not work.  We call sony and they decide, again very quicky, to replace the TV.  Get call from sony offering XBR65x900E.  Problem is that it is not 3D and not the next sequence you would expect to replace XBR65930D.

You would think 900D would be replaced by 900E and 930D by 930E.   Not according to Sony.  Over the next few days and weeks, made several calls to their cust serv with exact same scenario.  Initial rep asks for history, puts you on hold for  a few minutes than ultimately "escalates" the call to "Customer Relations" or "Level 2" where you end up going thru same process and at the end of it all they have nothing new to offer.  Its a take-it-or-leave it deal.  They absolutely have nothing else to offer, will not consider any other thoughts. I asked for refund , not an option.  Asked for partial money compensation since not 3D, not an option.  Asked for 930E but refused that without explanation.  With frustration, I ultimately agreed to take 900E for 2 year warranty thinking they are manufacturing defective TV's and i want the extra warranty to protect my rights.  Refused that also.  The reps all appear to be over seas and have no power to make customer happy.  They simply read from a script and have no authority  to make customers whole.  I have decided to get lawyers involved in this as I think Sony sold me a  defective TV and now are trying to replace it with a substandard set (no 3D and not the same model/series as what I purchased). I have wasted over 10 hours on the phone with their so called customers relations staff, "Kobe,Kim,Sebastain,Tamira,Melvin, Jay,JR,Ricky,Shane, John, Carlo" that either do nothing  or not allowed any power to make customers happy/whole.  I will see what lawyer recommends.

Message 4 of 72 (1,993 Views)

Hi badTv17,  I have responded to your other post. Please refer to this link: Re: CONSUMER BEWARE!!! 4K TV Warranty. Reasonable exchange, into proposed SETTLEMENT. Regards, Ella

Apprentice
Message 5 of 72 (1,976 Views)

I purchased the 930D in November 2016.  Less than 2 months later, it failed.  Called Sony and they offered to send me the 900E model.  After doing a bit of research it was clear this set was substandard to my 930D.  That is not even considering the 3D which the 930D had but not the new 900E.    I told them the 900E was substandard to the 930D and was not acceptable.  I contended the 930E had the same features my 930D did but apparently they had upgraded the X1 so it was now more expensive than the previous year's 930D.  They refused to send it unless I paid the price difference.  I tried talking to supervisors but I could only talk to one level up from the base customer service agent.  They refused to let me discuss this with anyone higher up.  I could not even get an e-mail address.  They then decided to send a repair person to fix my set. The part he installed did not fix the problem.  They decided to send a different part.  After 10 days of searching the warehouses for that part, they finally gave that up and went back to the original offer of the substandard 900E. 3 weeks in my family had enough of going without a TV.  With no other recourse, I accepted the 900E.  

I must have called Sony 15 times trying to move this along faster than it was.  I was stonewalled like I have never before in my entire 60 plus years.  Horrible customer service.  I have never experienced anything like this before and hope to never again.

Message 6 of 72 (1,970 Views)

Hi Rob1,

thanks for your message. Your post really help us to see the areas we need to improve for our services and products. We apologize for not meeting your expectations you were set.

Regards,

Dave

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 72 (1,960 Views)

Re: XBR65x930D Wont power on--UpDate

I received the following in my email:

EllaC (Moderator) posted a new reply in Customer Relations on 04-26-2017 09:40 AM:

Re: CONSUMER BEWARE!!! 4K TV Warranty. Reasonable exchange, into proposed SETTLEMENT 

Thanks for being a community member!

Your Community Site Team

The Community Post from Sony was as follows:

Hi badTv17, we apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Please allow us to look into your case. Kindly send us a private message with the model and serial number of the unit, purchase date, your phone number and most importantly, the event # associated to your issue. You can do that by going to my profile and click the "Send this user a private message" text on the right side of my profile page. Regards, Ella

My question to sony is:

1) Why do you want to take this matter private?

2) If you want to make your customers/Me happy why not work with them from the begining? Especially when it appears you are selling defective products!!

3) If you have something else to offer other than the nonsense I have been dealing with from your "customers relations" than do it openly. 

4) I have made 4, what I think are very reasonable offers given the circumstance of a brand new TV having defective parts that wont turn on:

I asked for refund , not an option.  Asked for partial money compensation since replacement tv was not 3D, not an option.  Asked for 930E but refused that without explanation.  With frustration, I ultimately agreed to take 900E but only for 2 year warranty thinking they are manufacturing defective TV's and i want the extra warranty to protect my rights.  Refused that also.

So unless sony is willing to give me one of these options, I have no recourse other than to look to 3rd party to help resolve this issue........and continue to inform the public at large of what sony has become.  I could have bought a competitor' TV....at a substatial discount with similar features but choose sony instead thinking they had a superior product....but I was negatively surprised at the experience and not sure if i will ever purchase another sony product in future....unless I can be assured that they are a consumer oriented company that values happy customers!!

Message 8 of 72 (1,944 Views)

Hi badTv17, we appreciate the time you took to let us know about your concern. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. However, for security reasons, we strongly recommend for you to provide needed info via private message. We need this information so we can review your case. Thanks, Charlie

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 72 (1,727 Views)

Any update on your case?

Rookie
Message 10 of 72 (1,492 Views)

My XBR65X930D stopped working after 3 months of light use (no power). It is under warranty but Sony's help desk was frustrating to deal with and we'll see if it is repaired properly. (Note: if your TV is mounted on the wall, they will not repair it unless you remove it from the wall. Not very easy with a 65" TV.) Google play on the "smart" tv has a terrible interface, it is cluttered with unwanted running applications, Sling TV constantly hangs, and the other applictions (Netflix, etc.) sometimes freeze the TV. The picture was good when it worked but when interfacing with HDR external devices it sometimes lost the handshake and everything had to be restarted. I had to go to my10 year old HD Samsung when the Sony stopped working. I have never had any problem with that TV. I paid a premium for a premium product and have come to realize I made a mistake. I will never buy another Sony product.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook