Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 61 of 74 (1,293 Views)

Re: XBR65x930D Wont power on

Hi Firedab, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I've checked your file and it shows that we already discussed this concern. I sent you a private message for additional info. Thanks, Charlie

Enthusiast
Message 62 of 74 (1,277 Views)

Apprentice
Message 63 of 74 (1,171 Views)

After about a month of being down yesterday I recieved my replacement TV. Overall I'm happy things worked out the way they did. Sony responded by trying to fix the issue. When that didnt work they ordered a replacement. The "white glove" carrier service took only 20mins to setup the new TV and take the old. I did have to remount the TV but I was able to reuse everthing with just minor changes to the bolt pattern. I used this as an excuse to buy some bias lighting and dplinks for LAN. Im in a better position looking back. Time to extend the warranty... Life goes on.
Apprentice
Message 64 of 74 (1,060 Views)

My TV is doing the same thing and I am getting the same run around.  After reading all of the posts on the 930D it clearly appears that there is an issue with this model.  Sony must know this.  Did you contact a lawyer?

Message 65 of 74 (1,055 Views)

Hi bcuchida, Let me send you a private message.  Thanks, Hailey

Apprentice
Message 66 of 74 (959 Views)

Re: XBR65x930D Wont power on--UpDate

I have been going down the same path that you have taken.  I am very glad to hear you recieved a refund.  Sony's final offer to me was either repair the TV AGAIN or send me a "refurbished" 930D with a 2 year warranty.  Now why would I accept the same model that is used with known deffects!    I told them i would not accept this and their reponse was I have 2 weeks to make my decision.  After that my case would be closed.  I would like to speak with you in private if you are willing to.  Please let me know.  I am also exploring legal options.  Thanks.

Message 67 of 74 (956 Views)

Re: XBR65x930D Wont power on--UpDate

Hi bcuchida, let me send you a private message. Regards, Ella

Enthusiast
Message 68 of 74 (890 Views)

My event number is E65578543  Notification number D988691301

Someone finally came out on Friday, September 22. I had to wait until I returned from Hurricane Irma coming through and doing its damage.  I had to pay a company $100 to have the TV taken down off the wall and will have to pay another $100 to have it reinstalled once I know the TV will continue to work with the new part (DPS board replaced which sends power from the power module to the mother board.  I sure hope this part works, after reviewing comments, I see many people have had to have 2 or 3 more visits.   Sony should  compensate their customers for these unanticipsted additional costs associated with your defective product. You knew you had a problem and you let stores like Best Buy continue to sell the defective TV model and cause consumers stress, inconvenience and additional expense.  

Enthusiast
Message 69 of 74 (888 Views)

The event number is E65578543

I am extremely upset with Sony and their stand of not paying for customers expense of having TVs taken down from  a wall mount to repair a defective TV.  Customers should be compensated for these unanticipsted additional costs associated with your defective product. You shouldn't make a TV with the wall mount ability if you are not going to stand behind your product, warranty, and service.  I had to pay $100 to have a company come out and take my TV off the wall  mount.  Once I know the TV will continue to work I will have to pay $100 to have it remounted.  I could understand this if the TV failed after several years but it didn't even last a full year.  You continued to allow your vendors/direct customers such as  Best Buy sell this model of the Sony TV knowing full  well that many of the models were defective.  After reading many of the responses, I'm worried my TV will fail again and many have said it has been 2 or 3 times, same problem.  I can't afford to keep paying someone to unmount and remount a defective Sony TV.  

I would like compensation for the additional/uncalled for expense.

Highlighted
Message 70 of 74 (880 Views)

Hi prockey, we're sorry for not meeting your expectations. Please let me send you a private message. Regards, Ella

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook