Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (250 Views)

SONY NEX 5R LCD screen coming apart, barely used

[ Edited ]

I purchased a SONY NEX 5R at Samy’s camera in L.A. The camera itself is well made and takes pretty good pictures. But now the coating on the LCD screen is coming apart, or delaminating. I don’t know the technical term, but I do know that after a relatively short time the optics and visability of the screen are failing to the point that the camera cannot be used. I have not used the camera all that much, mostly for infrequent vacations. The screen is not scratched or worn, it is the coating that is substandard to the rest of the camera. I am sure that the camera is out of warranty but it’s a shame that you have chosen to save money, to use cheaper materials and poor manufacturing on a key component.

I have a cell phone that I use every single day that endures all kinds of harsh conditions. And it is as clear as the day I got it.

Please let me know if you stand by this product and if you will repair or replace this defective part.

Thanks for your help.

--Mark Grossan

Message 2 of 4 (216 Views)

Re: SONY NEX 5R LCD screen coming apart, barely used

Hi mgrossan, Let me send you a private message.  Thanks, Hailey

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (87 Views)

Hi, I have the same exact problem with my NEX 5-TL, it is hard to see anything with the screen now and the camera doesn't have a viewfinder.  This is my second NEX camera, and the second one that had this issue and thought I'd finally reach out to Sony.  I otherwise love these cameras, and I hope Sony can provide options for me to get this fixed. Thanks.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4 (81 Views)

Hi kingangeloroxas, Let me send you a private message.  Thanks, Hailey

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook