Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 1 (179 Views)

Sony KDL-46EX720 Solid Service Repair Process

Hi,

I am not sure where to ask this question but maybe I'll be able to get some answers in the community.

We have sent out our television (KDL-46EX720) for repairs weeks ago to Solid Service (in the Philippines) and I am puzzled on how they troubleshoot the problems as they keep asking us for partial payment for parts to be able to proceed doing their job.

Initially, they asked us to deposit a payment of 1,300+ (PHP) approx. 20 (USD) for power restoration on the unit. After payment, it took weeks for them to comeback to us about the status and now they are asking for another 7,000 (PHP) approx. 140 (USD).

With these payments, they are still unsure if they can repair the unit. Who would pay for 140 (USD) to have them continue testing the unit until they can find the problem. I want to have the unit repaired but what concerns me is that, brand new televisions of the same size right now is just at 30,000 (PHP) and they are already asking us to pay about 33% of that price. What if they end up saying that the problem is the panel and it costs 50,000 (PHP). All that money goes down the drain.

Is this how it is suppose to go? Is this how a big company like Sony service their customers?

I am a Sony person. I like their products, cellphones and playstations, but this kind of service is just ridiculous.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook