Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 31 of 139 (1,394 Views)

Re: Sony KDL70R550A TV problem

Ben,

It's worked for one person so far: http://community.sony.com/t5/Television-Picture-Sound/Sony-KDL-70R550A-blank-screen-problem/m-p/5224... . I haven't had any luck yet, but I'm going to keep trying. You may want to also.

-alan

Enthusiast
Message 32 of 139 (1,279 Views)

Add me to the list of lifetime Sony people who need to find a new brand. I purchased this model tv about 2 years ago. I was very excited being that it was the first Sony 70 inch flat panel that Id seen I actually waited for it to come out because I have always been loyal to sony. Within a year my panel started to go. It was not that big of a deal so I never worried about it. Then one day I turned on my tv and there was a big black spot the size of two footballs on my screen. Called customer support and got the run around. Called my local repair guy and he tells me that I need a new panel and its gonna be $1400 minimum. $2500 for two years of Tv. It would be nice if Sony would stand behind their products, and try to make this right.

Message 33 of 139 (1,263 Views)

jeffpilling96, please check your inbox. Thanks, Yuri

Enthusiast
Message 34 of 139 (1,239 Views)

Re: Sony KDL70R550A TV Problem

Dear Sony Community,

We have had an on going relentless correspondence with Sony Customer Experience Centre for the past three months without any solution. This email below is the very first to introduce you to the problem and situation, email one (for reference) out of six in total that we have on file with regards to the Sony KDL-70R550A.

On September 25, 2015 they finally offered us a KDL70W840B (recertified) for $1800.00+tax, (giving them AGAIN our hard earned out of pocket money, our THIRD TV) which was completely unacceptable when the TV is not even for sale in Canada therefore being difficult to research and or get support in the future. All we can find on line is an KDL70W850C which does not match their emailed offer.

We are looking for someone who can provide us with support to get some kind of immediate resolution as we have gotten to the point of pure exhaustion.

Thank you,
Herc

Email to CEC@sony.ca dated July 16, 2015
Dear Sony,
I previously had a 70 Inch Sony SXRD TV with problems. (total spent $7000) The TV had a green tint and Sony was not able to repair it. Therefore Sony provided me with a credit towards a new TV and I replaced the TV at my local Sony store (Richmond, BC Canada) with my Sony credit and cash in November 2013 for a Sony KDL-70R550A TV that has also now gone bad only 20 months later.
I am extremely stressed about this situation because I have checked with Sony and I do not have an extended warranty. The Sony store said I would be getting the extended warranty when I bought the TV which as I mentioned I paid for in cash and the Sony credit. That same purchase I also bought extras such as Sony Google TV and a Sony sound system.
I have been checking on-line and it seems there are quite a number of people with the exact same problem that I have experienced. When watching videos on You-Tube with the exact same problem, one side is a rainbow of colors, emphasizing in greens and yellows, the other half of the screen is normal. The forums say, it is called “separation”.
Can you please advise me what I can do to resolve this very upsetting situation, as I am looking for a replacement. I have been a loyal customer to Sony since the 1980's buying all my products for home, stereo and gaming and now Sony has closed it's stores in Canada.
I am at a loss to this point and feel that Sony has turned it’s back on it’s lifetime customers such as myself. With the closing of the Sony stores in Canada we have been without support and a TV multiple times because of break downs. We have purchased over $10,000 worth of Sony’s faulty products and months on end with no TV approaching at one time for a period of one year.
Please do whatever is in your power to keep me as a client Sony and rectify this pressing issue.
Sincerely,

Message 35 of 139 (1,224 Views)

Hi herc, Let me send you a private message. Thanks, Hailey

Enthusiast
Message 36 of 139 (1,207 Views)

Thank you for your response. As mentioned in my posted message, the strans of emails (six in total) have all already been sent to the email cec@sony.ca as you suggested. The reason behind joining the message board was not only to share our experience but to try to obtain another customer service source that will give us a resolution as nothing has seemed to work to date. Sony has simply turned their back on us again and reading through this commuity message board is consistant with what they are doing to ALL their customers.

It looks like the only resolution is yet another class-action suit against Sony.

If you have had any luck with another Sony customer service contact, please let us know.

Thank you,

Herc

Message 37 of 139 (1,197 Views)

Hi herc, sorry to hear about what happened. I have forwarded your file to our relevant team for further assistance. Thanks. - Charlie

Enthusiast
Message 38 of 139 (1,192 Views)

Thank u verry much charlie

Enthusiast
Message 39 of 139 (1,139 Views)

[ Edited ]

Has anybody gotten any help or new info about proceeding with a suit? I never post on forums but felt the need after seeing this list of people who have their sets dying out. Mine just did today as well and I have only had it slightly longer than 2 years as well. My set was extremely light use as it was in my game room so basically never used to watch tv only movies and videogames.

This is ridiculous that a set that costs as much as these did to simply fail in such a critical area. Sony needs to do right by us or I can not trust this brand any longer. I was a Samsung buyer but switched when I saw this set when a friend purchased. If Sony does not help rest assured I will  go back to Samsung and let everyone know my experience with this brand as everyone comes to me when looking for advice on electronics. 

Sony what is your solution for all of us who had this particular type of TV fail. From my understanding all of your products are well made so if a batch like this fails will you simply let those of us that spend funds on larger sets eat our loss and lose faith in your brand?

Enthusiast
Message 40 of 139 (1,052 Views)

Dear Argc,
I mirror your frustration, questions and situation exactly with regards to the Sony KDL-70R550A. To date we have continued to write emails to cec@sony.ca, eight in total, since July 2015, have posted on this forum and have filed an official complaint with the Better Business Bureau and still Sony has not replied, other than their ridiculous offer on September 25, 2015 as per my above post “ Sony offered a KDL70W840B (recertified) for $1800.00+tax which can be bought at that same price on-line or anywhere. Does anyone have any information with regards to a Class Action Law Suit against Sony regarding the Sony KDL-70R550A? What can be done for all of these extremely disgruntled customers left hanging with defective products. We will never buy Sony again for the way we have been treated twice in the past by faulty products they produce. In fact it is the consensus out there on AVS Forums and retailers that carry Sony products, that Sony has been going down hill for the past 10 years and will be going out of business with regards to their TV and electronics. Please contact me if you have any information with regards to a class action law suit and or the Lawyers/Firms that have handled these suits with success in the past. They obviously do exist considering we were contacted by Sony two years ago offering to settle with regards to our previous 70 Inch Sony SXRD TV that also went belly up. We have just recently found a major TV news broadcast that handles these exact type of issues and complaints against companies that treat consumers this way. Calling to all people who have had the same negative experiences please reply and post your stories.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook