Do you mean 
Message 41 of 139 (1,074 Views)

Re: Sony KDL70R550A TV problem

Hi herc, I just sent you a private message. Thanks, Yuri

Enthusiast
Message 42 of 139 (1,064 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please see the below from Yuri at Sony. Again nothing they offer is a resolution to their faulty products. Sony is asking us to go and buy another Sony product at basically full retail. 

November 24, 2015

"Hi Anthony,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. According to your file, our colleagues from Sony of Canada has already provided you a resolution. The decision will stand as it is. We apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Sincerely,
Yuri
SONY National Customer Relations"

Enthusiast
Message 43 of 139 (1,059 Views)

Remember one and all do not throw away your faulty TVs until we figure out a proper solution for Sony to man up. These TVs will keep failing at a steady rate therefore we will be seeing a lot more compliants on here and the AVS forums.  I already have an extensive file of complaints about my exact same TV.   

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PRIVATE MESSAGES FROM SONY BECAUSE IT IS A DEAD END.

Enthusiast
Message 44 of 139 (1,046 Views)

Furthermore, what Sony is trying to do is give you the worst offer possible and then when you do not accept they do not want to have any further correspondence with you. Even if we did want to accept Sony's offer, Yuri, why is it that they will not even respond to our constant emails since September 25th (their offer date). Tell Sony to contact us so that we can discuss this matter, but as it stands their lack of communication is unacceptable.
Email: macgrigg@shaw.ca

Apprentice
Message 45 of 139 (1,034 Views)

I have a feeling Sony won't do anything until there's enough bad press about their defective products. Unfortunately for us, we now have this giant 70-inch paper weight we have to hang onto in the hopes Sony will fix or replace it. Obviously, had I known that this defective TV would only have a life span of 2 years, I would have bought something else. So it's incumbent on us to get that information out there, because no one else is doing it for us. I think a good start is taking to Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites to get that information out there so no one else will fall prey to Sony's defective products. They should not be allowed to get away with taking people's hard earned money and then sticking them with products that fail after such a short amount of time!

Enthusiast
Message 46 of 139 (978 Views)

I'm here just to say that Im the new member of this group and I payed the $2.500,00 for this memebership !!

Its amazing to spend the Thanksgiving holidays with a BLACK screen in my living room ... anyway , I don't see no resposability from SONY at all , and Im returning a BRAND NEW 50' SONY TV that I bought this Black Friday ' ... thanks GOD its in the BOX and its from AMAZON prime so to return it will be EASY !! Im not saying that a TV can't brake or somethin, but a reasonable resolution cost efective is a MUST .

Anyway , Im here to show my condolences to SONY (R.I.P - SONY) , NEVER, NEVER and NEVER I will buy something from SONY AGAIN ... 

Message 47 of 139 (972 Views)

Hi Burlys, we apologize for the bad experience. Allow us to assist you, kindly provide the model # of the unit, purchase date, your phone # and most importantly, the event # associated to your issue. Regards, Ella

Enthusiast
Message 48 of 139 (963 Views)

KDL70R550A

NOV/2013 

Event = the same as all above !! 

Black Screen , called service , end up losing around 2 hours to unplug/plug / reset / test / re-test and as I'm out of 1 year warranty , the only thing they told me is that I need to call an authorized sony service . 

Anyway , BLACK SCREEN , 5x Red light Flashing/Blinking , did all the possible test with the customer service , nothing has changed ... 

Message 49 of 139 (960 Views)

Hi Burlys, let me send you a private message. Regards, Ella

Enthusiast
Message 50 of 139 (945 Views)

Sony KDL70R550A

Dear Burlys, 

It is sad to see that you are now a member of the disgruntled Sony KDL70R550A club. Please share your private message from Sony if you feel that they have wronged you like they have wronged countless people on this forum and others. 

This TV goes without saying, that it is garbage. 

Good Luck and Thank you Sony!

PS. It was heartbreaking to recycle (hauled away at my own cost) my previous $8000 SXRD 70 inch Sony TV just to end up with this KDL70R550A.  Yet another TV that will end up in the recycle bin again at my own cost.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook