Welcome to the Community!

Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 51 of 139 (1,158 Views)

Re: Sony KDL70R550A

It is sad that there are so many issue with the sony lcd tv.  Although it isn't looking good in terms of a sony corporate solution, I thought I would post a "small ray of light".   Some sony sets (eg.lcd 70in led based) use Sharp manufactured panels.  Depending on the failure, recently, people over at badcaps.net forum (ie. diy electronics help forum) have found a way to save these sets from the "curb side dump".  The "save" involves removing the failed tab driver that causes the failure.  Depending on which tab driver has issues (ie. the ones associated with the sides of the panel), the set can be saved and the picture returns to "normal".  This is NOT a FIX since the tab drivers CANNOT be replaced to bring the set back to "manufacturer standard".  However, because of the design of the Sharp based panels, they are still able to operate with drivers only on one side.   No one knows for how long, but several people have "saved" Sharp, Vizio, and Sony panels that are still operating in the "saved mode".   IF you don't have any other recourse from Sony, then you may want to take a look over at badcaps.net if you have a little DIY initiative and some room to work at taking the set apart.  

I only post this for those that are on their last "hope" and might want to try save the set from the "e-dumps".  By all means try what ever means you have to get Sony to listen to your demands but sometimes you have to go in some other directions when you might have hit a "road block".   Good luck in either case.

Rookie
Message 52 of 139 (1,110 Views)

Re: Sony KDL70R550A TV problem

I have bought a Sony LED 3D Smart TV model # KDL-70R550A not even a year and a half ago and the LED panel went out on me Please contact me for further information. Thanks

Message 53 of 139 (1,104 Views)

Hi Snake7910, let me send you a private message. Regards, Ella

Enthusiast
Message 54 of 139 (1,023 Views)

Anyone ever come to a resolution with this joke of a company? I just went through a 3 month back and forth with Sony and the BBB in between to come back to square one.  Bad panel. Had it checked out by a local shop, paid $100 for diagnosis and then Sony stated they needed me to take it to one of their "authroized" techs, and pay the $100 fee (again).  They told me they would replace the tv with a refurbished one depending on availablility in their warehouse if their tech found the panel to be bad.  I let them know I would not even begin that process and waste my time and money until they checked their "warehouse" and had a refurbished unit available.  Guess what?! None available!  **SHOCKER!**     Class action lawsuit seems to be the only way to get this resolved.  The panels are made by Sharp.  There are tabs on the sides of the panel that separate after time causing the panel to go bad.  Sony claims they have no known issues with this model. Which is a total and complete LIE.  One quick Google search will bring up pages of posts with the same complaint.  Sony does not want to take responsibility for this faulty television. It is clearly a lemon.

Anyone that has any info on class action suite, please contact me asap.  This tv has sentimental value to go along with the ridiculous amount of money that was spent on it to only last 2 years.

Thank you

Message 55 of 139 (1,011 Views)

Hi Raeane2001, we appreciate the time you took to let us know about this issue. I was able to locate your record and review the case. Let me send you a private message. - Charlie

Apprentice
Message 56 of 139 (995 Views)

Hi Raeane,

No resolution with Sony. It dead-ended here. I got 2 years and 1 month out of the TV, which in the end, worked out to cost me about $100 a month. Instead, I chocked it up to a valuable learning experience, and simply went out and bought another TV from a company that has replaced in me the trust I once had in Sony. Now I have to figure out what to do with their giant 100 lb paperweight that sits in my storage unit. If Sony had an office nearby, I'd just drop it off on their doorstep, but that might be a bad idea since they'd probably fix it for nothing and resell it to some other unsuspecting customer. In any case, I won't be buying any more Sony products.

Enthusiast
Message 57 of 139 (978 Views)

[ Edited ]
I am confident someone will start a class action suit and this will be resolved. Samsung had one and admitted to faulty components and replaced and paid for all repairs for their customers. Gained customer confidence in their products again. Sony is terrible. They know what is going on and refuse to fix it. Doing the right thing is not part of their business practice. It is sad. I will continue to do what I need to do to make my situation known.
Enthusiast
Message 58 of 139 (958 Views)

I really wish Sony stood by there products. I went to a local tv repair shop the other day and was told that the panel for this tv is impossible to get and even if he could find it the price would be $5500. All Sony offered me was a 15% off rebate on any non 4k tv. What a slap in the face to a life long Sony customer. I am blown away that they wont stand up and do something better to help all of us who are having problems with the panel. $2500 for a Tv that lasts 18 months. 

Enthusiast
Message 59 of 139 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]

HI,

I bought a new Sony KDL70R550A in 4/14, in 7/15 the LCD panel went out.  I went round and round with Sony and the eventually sent me a "refurbished" one in 8/15. Well guess what?The same thing went out on the piece of ****** they sent me!!! What the ****** has happened to Sony!!! I have 2 other Sony LCD TV's and no problems for 10yrs!!!! 

I called customer support and I should get a call Monday. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!

Sony?????

Jeremy Kraft

Message 60 of 139 (898 Views)

Hi jdk100175, let me send you a private message. Regards, Ella

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook